How to Clean, Descale, and Unclog Your Shower Head Naturally!

There are millions of cleaning products out there designed to help us clean away all the crazy buildup that water can leave on our showers, each one claiming to be better than the last. There are cleaners for soap scum, hard water, descaling, unclogging things, and polishing other things. Of course, as with most things, the best solution is the simplest! I’ve heard about this one before, but didn’t really believe that it would work that well for me, especially because we have crazy minerally well water out here.
So, did it work for me? You betcha! And if it worked for me, and as quickly as it did, I’m 100% sure that it will work for you too. What a relief it is to have a shower that actually works without spraying in a billion different directions again!
[Psst! Looking for more "CleanGreen" tips? Check out How to Line-Dry Your Laundry!]
I started out with a really clogged shower head. This is the one in our older, not-yet-renovated washroom, but it’s the shower that we all use most often these days. Only about half of the little spray jets were actually working and you would almost always get sprayed right in the face when you were turning the shower on and trying to adjust the temperature. It was probably pretty funny, but it was also really really annoying.
This problem is so so easy to fix and I’ll be doing this regularly from now on in both our washrooms whenever the shower head gets even the slightest bit clogged. I just grabbed a large ziplock freezer bag, filled it about half full with a top secret solution! [Ok, maybe not that top secret! Just click the link to my blog below to find out what exactly I used! ;)]
I then put the ziplock freezer bag over the shower head so that the front of the shower head was dipped in the top secret solution. Then I tied a hair elastic around the whole thing to hold it in place, and went about my day! So simple, right!?
[Hey! Tired of scrubbing your microwave? Learn how to work smarter, not harder by clicking here!]

CreekLineHouse .

• John

How did I know she was going to claim white vinegar as the secret cleaning agent?

• Cindie Barngrover Mead

I used a 2 cup measure put the head in first and then filled it inside and out with vinegar, over night and fresh shower first thing in the morning!