Fresh Lemon Homemade Dishwasher Detergent

$1.75

Looking for an easy, all-natural recipe for homemade dishwasher detergent? Fresh Lemon Homemade Dishwasher Detergent uses real lemons, salt, and vinegar to make liquid dishwasher detergent that is effective and non-toxic.
1. Cut whole lemons into small ¼ inch thick chunks, remove all seeds but keep the fruit, peel, and pith.
2. Simmer lemons in water using a stainless steel sauce pan until water is reduced and lemons are very tender, about 20 minutes.
3. Blend cooked lemon with more water until very smooth.
4. Strain lemon mixture through colander back into stainless steel saucepan.
5. Add vinegar and kosher salt to the saucepan and stir until well combined.
6. Bring mixture to a slow boil and cook for 10-15 allowing it to thicken slightly.
7. Cool completely.
8. Attach a free printable label (download at Fresh Lemon Homemade Dishwasher Detergent ) and store in a glass container.
To wash dishes: Fill dishwasher detergent dispenser with the fresh lemon gel. (about three tablespoons of detergent).
Total cost = $1.75 for 32 ounces, about $0.10 a wash .
Get the full recipe for Fresh Lemon Homemade Dishwasher Detergent at BrenDid.com and be sure to check out all my other green cleaning recipes.
Want to make dish detergent for hand washing? I have a hand washing dish detergent recipe! You can see it here: http://brendid.com/non-toxic-homemade-dish-detergent-for-hand-washing/
Bren Did

• Dolores Coyne-McDonald
    Dolores Coyne-McDonald

Why can I not share this within Messenger?

• Linda Bartholomew
    Linda Bartholomew

What can I use to clean stainless steel containers

• Nadine Hartman Bourne
      Nadine Hartman Bourne

Use this lemon stuff in the article. The first time I made it my stainless steel pot that was dull and cruddy looking before looked almost brand new after. I don't use this stuff in the dishwasher, personally I don't think it cleaned very well. I had lemon crud on the dry dishes. but I'm sure that says more about my dishwasher than the lemon gel. It's great for all kinds of cleaning. I put it in old ketchup bottles and store it in the fridge. it's great as a soft scrub cleaner for all kinds of stuff. when I need to clean a pot but don't need to make a batch of lemon gel I squirt a bunch in the pot and use a basting brush to spread it all over then let it sit over night.

• Gloria
    Gloria

Do you have to use kosher salt?

Popular Project Book

• *~°•○mamaBear
    *~°•○mamaBear

🙊I'm completely impressed❗

Tk u

• Karolyn Slader
    Karolyn Slader

Yes I have used lemon half’s without cooking them with salt on them for scrubbing oven doors, bathtubs, etc. you can use oranges also. It is quick and simple. Then wipe with white vinegar. No cooking and you toss afterwards. I would arrive to clean at peoples homes and they wouldn’t buy cleaners. I was reared in the country and you use what you have. You eat an orange you use the orange peels to clean with. They make a great air freshener if you cook in the oven at 200 or chop a lot of the peels up and let them dry in a pie tin in the sun in summer. You can add cloves, cinnamon, etc. just put a little dried other peel and spices on the stove and add coconut oil. This makes your furniture clean and your house will smell fantastic. It is also amazing to teach children to use items that we throw away to save money. You can use recycling for emergency cleaning products if you use some common sense. Have a really nice day.