Bren Did
Bren Did
  • Papillion, NE

Fresh Lemon Homemade Dishwasher Detergent

$1.75

Looking for an easy, all-natural recipe for homemade dishwasher detergent? Fresh Lemon Homemade Dishwasher Detergent uses real lemons, salt, and vinegar to make liquid dishwasher detergent that is effective and non-toxic.
fresh lemon homemade dishwasher detergent, cleaning tips, go green, how to
1. Cut whole lemons into small ¼ inch thick chunks, remove all seeds but keep the fruit, peel, and pith.
2. Simmer lemons in water using a stainless steel sauce pan until water is reduced and lemons are very tender, about 20 minutes.
3. Blend cooked lemon with more water until very smooth.
4. Strain lemon mixture through colander back into stainless steel saucepan.
5. Add vinegar and kosher salt to the saucepan and stir until well combined.
6. Bring mixture to a slow boil and cook for 10-15 allowing it to thicken slightly.
7. Cool completely.
8. Attach a free printable label (download at Fresh Lemon Homemade Dishwasher Detergent ) and store in a glass container.
To wash dishes: Fill dishwasher detergent dispenser with the fresh lemon gel. (about three tablespoons of detergent).
Total cost = $1.75 for 32 ounces, about $0.10 a wash .
Get the full recipe for Fresh Lemon Homemade Dishwasher Detergent at BrenDid.com and be sure to check out all my other green cleaning recipes.
Want to make dish detergent for hand washing? I have a hand washing dish detergent recipe! You can see it here: http://brendid.com/non-toxic-homemade-dish-detergent-for-hand-washing/
Bren Did

• SHARE

I am going to try this. Always looking for ways to make safer cleaning supplies. Thanks for posting.

• Jea12839731

With the salt content in this recipe it will not freeze into cubes. Sorry , but I really wanted it to. I don’t want to keep in the fridge but it is what it is.