Fresh Lemon Homemade Dishwasher Detergent

$1.75

Looking for an easy, all-natural recipe for homemade dishwasher detergent? Fresh Lemon Homemade Dishwasher Detergent uses real lemons, salt, and vinegar to make liquid dishwasher detergent that is effective and non-toxic.
1. Cut whole lemons into small ¼ inch thick chunks, remove all seeds but keep the fruit, peel, and pith.
2. Simmer lemons in water using a stainless steel sauce pan until water is reduced and lemons are very tender, about 20 minutes.
3. Blend cooked lemon with more water until very smooth.
4. Strain lemon mixture through colander back into stainless steel saucepan.
5. Add vinegar and kosher salt to the saucepan and stir until well combined.
6. Bring mixture to a slow boil and cook for 10-15 allowing it to thicken slightly.
7. Cool completely.
8. Attach a free printable label (download at Fresh Lemon Homemade Dishwasher Detergent ) and store in a glass container.
To wash dishes: Fill dishwasher detergent dispenser with the fresh lemon gel. (about three tablespoons of detergent).
Total cost = $1.75 for 32 ounces, about $0.10 a wash .
Get the full recipe for Fresh Lemon Homemade Dishwasher Detergent at BrenDid.com and be sure to check out all my other green cleaning recipes.
Want to make dish detergent for hand washing? I have a hand washing dish detergent recipe! You can see it here: http://brendid.com/non-toxic-homemade-dish-detergent-for-hand-washing/

Bren Did

• Dolores Coyne-McDonald

Why can I not share this within Messenger?

• Linda Bartholomew

What can I use to clean stainless steel containers

• Alba

Outside of stainless steel container, I use Dawn, white vinegar and baking soda. Make little pasty mixture and use a Non-scratching scrubby sponge. Inside stainless steel vessel, (I had a stainless steel teapot that was completely gritty on the inside, like a film of plaster or cement. Tried all the usual tricks and ran out of vinegar. So I poured a bottle of lime juice in the pot, plus water to fill it completely, then brought to boil. Turned off heat and let it sit overnight. In the morning the crud had softened so I could scrub it away using same method as the outside.

• Gloria

Do you have to use kosher salt?