Fresh Lemon Homemade Dishwasher Detergent

$1.75

Looking for an easy, all-natural recipe for homemade dishwasher detergent? Fresh Lemon Homemade Dishwasher Detergent uses real lemons, salt, and vinegar to make liquid dishwasher detergent that is effective and non-toxic.
1. Cut whole lemons into small ¼ inch thick chunks, remove all seeds but keep the fruit, peel, and pith.
2. Simmer lemons in water using a stainless steel sauce pan until water is reduced and lemons are very tender, about 20 minutes.
3. Blend cooked lemon with more water until very smooth.
4. Strain lemon mixture through colander back into stainless steel saucepan.
5. Add vinegar and kosher salt to the saucepan and stir until well combined.
6. Bring mixture to a slow boil and cook for 10-15 allowing it to thicken slightly.
7. Cool completely.
8. Attach a free printable label (download at Fresh Lemon Homemade Dishwasher Detergent ) and store in a glass container.
To wash dishes: Fill dishwasher detergent dispenser with the fresh lemon gel. (about three tablespoons of detergent).
Total cost = $1.75 for 32 ounces, about $0.10 a wash .
Get the full recipe for Fresh Lemon Homemade Dishwasher Detergent at BrenDid.com and be sure to check out all my other green cleaning recipes.
Want to make dish detergent for hand washing? I have a hand washing dish detergent recipe! You can see it here: http://brendid.com/non-toxic-homemade-dish-detergent-for-hand-washing/

Bren Did

• Elizabeth Davis-Jones

I use to have white kitchen cabinets not real wood. Now there yellow. Plus my microwave. Who can I get them white again and keep them white? Wood cleaning soaps don’t work.

• Bren Did

Magic eraser, scrub daddy, or a similar scrubbing sponge would be my best suggestion. You can try 3% hydrogen peroxide spray in a discrete area.

• Ruben

How to shine my tile floor and keep it shining I used a floor polish and it left it real shiney. But after about 3 weeks it started to get dual agian

• Bren Did

You’ll have to strip the floor polish. Floor polish will dull tile. I use water and dish soap to wash tile. Try a tile and grout sealer to add shine.

• Lynn Grant

could i use limes instead of lemon?