Asked on Aug 22, 2016

Starbucks frappuccino bottles

CKLookinforideasTheresia Jordans
+20

Hi I have now collected a lot of these mentioned bottles and would very much like to do something with them. I wondered if any body had any ideas, thank you.
I have stripped labels off they are quite small
  • Ann
    Ann

I use them for holding small items on my studio shelves. I put chalkboard contact paper labels on some and decorated others with burlap, lace and book page scraps. I've also seen a display where the crafter dipped the last 1" of several jars in different pastel paints or even gold paint. They looked great. A google search for starbucks bottles for craft storage gives loads of ideas. Here's how I redid some jars for my studio.

, Twine book pages lace buttons burlap cutouts and ribbon rosettes Three are orange juice containers one is a nut jar and the other is a Hershey s cocoa container
  • Julie Buchach-Roscoe
    Julie Buchach-Roscoe

I filled them with flowers for several tables for my daughters high school graduation party

• Grant
    Grant

Paint them with chalk paint, drill a small or several small holes in the lid, fill them with spices. Because they are square, they store much better in the cupboard than the assorted size round ones.

• Jackie
    Jackie

I fill them with homemade hot pepper sauce. you boil the lids till hot, screw them on the bottles. when bottles have cooled some there will be a pop, you will know the lids have sealed.

• Margaret Suarez
    Margaret Suarez

You can make little lamps for your yard. Just drill a hole in the lid and attach solar lights.

• Elizabeth Dion
    Elizabeth Dion

I spray painted 3 of them with Sea Glass paint, glued them together, added lace, burlap ribbon and a rose, and voila!!!

• Sbo1029932
    Sbo1029932

I made gnomes with felt hats and fluffy beards for the top and filled them with Hershey Kisses. Made cute gifts for Christmas.

• Julie
    Julie

Now that sounds like a perfect think to do have you any photos?

• Trixie63
    Trixie63

I like to collect cool bottles for vases and then display together.

, The tray is the inside of an old canner
  • Karen Schell
    Karen Schell

I made them into witchs potion bottles for Halloween.

• Barbara
    Barbara

I use mine (gotta get one outta fridge.. so addictive) as wall or hanging vases by either a macrame hanger or wood cut out shelf hung by chains from all four corners. Oh, to get that little black code off, just use either a magic eraser or a fiberglass fingernail sponge file. As usual, you can always craft paint them to fit the occasion, fill with candies and send the love! AND they are wonderful painted with mercury glass. (gotta get another.. SO addictive... who wants to chat all night??? hmmm.... who????)

• Brenda Webb
    Brenda Webb

I made spice jars out of mine. For the stove I used an ice pick and punched holes in the top of the lid. I don't run out of salt and pepper as often as I did. The other spices are kept fresh and I made decorative labels to put on them . Neat clean storage. I also use them for change storage. Nickels, dimes. Quarters. When they get full I go cash them in and save the money back for Christmas.

• Jan
    Jan

I washed got all the labels off. bought paint pens. My granddaughter colored them to their liking , we put them in the oven on 250 for one hour. I punched a hole in the lid to fit a straw they are great they can go in and out of fridge with no spills, pack easy in the cooler. Plus for this Grammy I know who left there's sitting out

• Donna Reel Wilson
    Donna Reel Wilson

I have used them to can juices in (blackberry, elderberry, apple, grape).

• Cheryl Toth-Nickerson
    Cheryl Toth-Nickerson

You can make tiki torches out of them. Paint the bottles and use for fresh flowers. Frost the jars with glass frost and maybe put a stencil on the jars . Or drill a hole in the jar to insert 20 string lights after you frost glass. Great Christmas gifts or sell at craft bazaars.

• Beth Chollett
    Beth Chollett

Those bottles would be ideal for making your own homemade vanilla or peppermint extracts and then giving as gifts. There are multitudes of recipes online for each and they're easy to make. Just mix and let sit in a cool, dark place for 3 to 6 months before they're ready. This would be the ideal time to make them in time for giving for Christmas.

• Theresia Jordans
    Theresia Jordans

Hi Jan from Merryville. I've heard that it is dangerous to leave water bottles (plastic) in a hot car as they release carcinogenic fumes. Wonder if putting them in the oven (why anyway??) would be a bad idea.

• Bonita
    Bonita

I take off the lid and glue a knob on top spray paint it and use it for spices, which I buy in bulk, as a spice bottle. I also tie a cute bow on it fill it with candy or nuts for a nice little gift.

• Theresia Jordans
    Theresia Jordans

Oh that's pk then . The milk coffee and chocolate we have here are usually sold in plastic or cardboard. My bad as they say. LOL.😊

• Lookinforideas
    Lookinforideas

great for salt & pepper shakers.

• CK
    CK

With the labels removed, they make wonderful 'farm style' vases for a small mixed bouquet of flowers. You can just toss the lid/cover. I've kept several to use for give-away flower arrangements. They look nice but if the 'vase' doesn't come back, it's no loss.