Tanya Peterson Felsheim
Tanya Peterson Felsheim
  • Grants Pass, OR

Wagon Garden

Some of you know that I recently have lost my mom and I think I lost my enjoyment of almost everything, she was ill for awhile and many things I did were for her toward the end. But this awesome lady named Barb Rosen got me to looking at her blog and I decided that I've had these plants just sitting here for a few months might make use of them by kind of copying her idea (well I've seen it before) but it gave me a spark that I haven't had in a month...so late last night in the dark I was out putting this together...I need to fix it up and take a picture when its not in the early morning sun but hurray I actually did something!!! Thanks Barb for taking time for a quick chat last night I know not so pretty yet...but its a start!
Will look better soon I promised Barb
Will look better soon I promised Barb

Tanya Peterson Felsheim

• Tanya Peterson Felsheim

But you can also see what you get when you do things in the dark! I actually have a volunteer Redwood tree that planted itself in a Peat Pot (closest one is about 100 feet away) and my mom always wanted it but wanted to make sure it was going to grow so we are going to plant that at my folks home also spread her ashes amongst her flowers that she loved so much. She was so much more the better gardener than I am.

• Carole

Tanya, sorry for your loss. I know how the loss of a mum can floor you. Gardening really is terrific therapy - fresh air, sense of achievement - create something beautiful. This looks good and you can enjoy tweaking it to get the best results. A few hanging baskets with some cheerful blooms will help lift your spirits. Sometimes it is the simple things that get us back on track. I hope you continue to be involved and enjoy your gardening and find some peace of mind in doing so.