Yvette Gray
Yvette Gray
  • San Diego, CA

Potting Table From 100% Reclaimed Items

I turned an unused corner of my backyard from an eyesore to a usable potting area using 100% reclaimed items I've found along the way. The base of the table was created from a 6' x 4' pallet which I cut in half lengthwise to make my L-shaped table. The rest of the table was made using discarded barn wood, old barn gates and fence pieces, leftover galvanized sheets from a roofing project, chicken wire and
potting table from 100 reclaimed items, gardening, painted furniture, pallet, repurposing upcycling, My new potting bench corner
My new potting bench corner.
potting table from 100 reclaimed items, gardening, painted furniture, pallet, repurposing upcycling, I started by cutting a 6x4 pallet in half lengthwise to make an L shaped table base The gate panels in the back were used to keep my dogs from going behind my aviary This area was such an eyesore
I started by cutting a 6x4 pallet in half lengthwise to make an "L" shaped table base. The gate panels in the back were used to keep my dogs from going behind my aviary. This area was such an eyesore!
potting table from 100 reclaimed items, gardening, painted furniture, pallet, repurposing upcycling, The boards leaning up agains the panels in the back are just there to line up the table top boards as I was nailing them into place
The boards leaning up agains the panels in the back are just there to line up the table top boards as I was nailing them into place.
potting table from 100 reclaimed items, gardening, painted furniture, pallet, repurposing upcycling, I found this great stash of nails and screws at an abandoned tack room covered in dust A quick rinse and they were good to go
I found this great stash of nails and screws at an abandoned tack room covered in dust. A quick rinse and they were good to go.
potting table from 100 reclaimed items, gardening, painted furniture, pallet, repurposing upcycling, I built a wall of shelves out of discarded 2x4 pieces I found in a wood pile The plastic window on top is a replacement window to my aviary which this table butts up next to on the left It ties the areas together
I built a wall of shelves out of discarded 2x4 pieces I found in a wood pile. The plastic "window" on top is a replacement window to my aviary which this table butts up next to on the left. It ties the areas together.
potting table from 100 reclaimed items, gardening, painted furniture, pallet, repurposing upcycling, Corner of the potting table
Corner of the potting table.
potting table from 100 reclaimed items, gardening, painted furniture, pallet, repurposing upcycling, This used to be a gate to the yard to my tack room which had seen better days Now it gives character and vertical interest to the table
This used to be a gate to the yard to my tack room which had seen better days. Now it gives character and vertical interest to the table.
potting table from 100 reclaimed items, gardening, painted furniture, pallet, repurposing upcycling, The ugly black metal panels behind this table are now gone
The ugly black metal panels behind this table are now gone.
potting table from 100 reclaimed items, gardening, painted furniture, pallet, repurposing upcycling, A piece of garden fence from a ranch This is the left side of the table with the wall to my aviary behind it
A piece of garden fence from a ranch. This is the left side of the table with the wall to my aviary behind it.
potting table from 100 reclaimed items, gardening, painted furniture, pallet, repurposing upcycling, I used these leftover galvanized sheets as a skirt under the table to keep my dogs from going behind it The spaces in the pallet above are the perfect size to hold my seed starting trays They slide right in
I used these leftover galvanized sheets as a skirt under the table to keep my dogs from going behind it. The spaces in the pallet above are the perfect size to hold my seed starting trays. They slide right in.
potting table from 100 reclaimed items, gardening, painted furniture, pallet, repurposing upcycling, Various discarded accessory items
Various discarded accessory items
potting table from 100 reclaimed items, gardening, painted furniture, pallet, repurposing upcycling, I was lucky to find an unwanted roll of chicken wire at the ranch to use behind my shelving area to keep items from falling through the back That is an old hoof nipper I used to use to trim my horses hooves
I was lucky to find an unwanted roll of chicken wire at the ranch to use behind my shelving area to keep items from falling through the back. That is an old hoof nipper I used to use to trim my horses hooves.
potting table from 100 reclaimed items, gardening, painted furniture, pallet, repurposing upcycling, These are doors from an old cabinet I found that was falling apart The guts of the cabinet were still in good condition It just needed new doors a paint job and a new roof I wish I had taken a before picture of the entire cabinet
These are doors from an old cabinet I found that was falling apart. The guts of the cabinet were still in good condition. It just needed new doors, a paint job and a new roof. I wish I had taken a before picture of the entire cabinet.
potting table from 100 reclaimed items, gardening, painted furniture, pallet, repurposing upcycling, This is the cabinet after New doors were created from leftover 2x2s I didn t have 2x2s long enough so I joined pieces together which you can see at the bottom I didn t care that it didn t look perfect I wanted a vintage look
This is the cabinet after. New doors were created from leftover 2x2s. I didn't have 2x2s long enough so I joined pieces together which you can see at the bottom. I didn't care that it didn't look perfect. I wanted a vintage look.
potting table from 100 reclaimed items, gardening, painted furniture, pallet, repurposing upcycling, I used chickenwire instead of solid doors so I could easily see my garden and pond items
I used chickenwire instead of solid doors so I could easily see my garden and pond items.
SEE 2 MORE PHOTOS...

• Anna Ibarra

Super neat, and how fun it must have been to put it together. Love the "L" shape and all it's storage- :-D and it's misfit perfection.

• Kristi

Awesome