Pam Smith
Pam Smith
  • Hanford, CA

Recycled Coffee Cans

Hello! My daughter and I were hosting a bridal shower and we decided to go a little bit woodland and rustic. I gathered up some metal coffee cans and some chalk paint and got to work!
recycled coffee cans, container gardening, crafts, gardening, how to, painting, repurposing upcycling

I collected a variety of coffee cans in different sizes and got out my Waverly chalk paint in 'Mineral' and 'Plaster.'

I used a sponge brush and started out with the 'Plaster' color, or white. This is one coat. I did add another coat too.

After the 'Plaster' was dry and added some 'Mineral' or grey. I lightly brushed it on all over the can.

I had some burlap ribbon on hand. so I measured around the can and cut enough ribbon to give me a little bit of overlap. I glued the ribbon down in the back.

Here is the ribbon already glued on.

I added a little wood slice and used a brown Sharpie to add the initials of the bride and groom. This makes it look like it is burned into the wood, but much easier.

I placed pomegranate branches inside a small vase, which I then placed inside the can. This was a really simple project, but had a big impact. I received many compliments and it was fun to do! I plan on using these again this fall. I will just remove the wood slice and it's ready to go! You can see more over at my blog,
homeonthecorner.com.

• Metal coffee can
  • Chalk paint  (craft store)
  • Burlap ribbon  (craft store)
Pam Smith

• Jana

I think your decorations are stunning! However, I don't understand the phrase "turquoise and foxes."

• Annie

Where are the foxes. ?

• Maria T Ford

Are we on the same page, I don't see anything that Pam mention about foxes por turquoise