Sue Eldred
Sue Eldred
  • Washington, IL

How to Create a Cute Little Party Ant for Your Next Party or BBQ

Sometimes in the midst of all my creative endeavors and the craziness of everyday life, when I need a break from all the seriousness.
I like to stop and make something fun and a little bit silly.
It’s one of my ways of procrastinating.
how to create a cute little party ant for your next party or bbq, crafts, how to
Honestly, I would never invite real ants to a BBQ, but, this one is dressed up, too cute and ready for a party. (a great little conversation starter)
To make a Party Ant you’ll need a few supplies…
•Three 1″ Smoothfoam Balls
•Black Acrylic Paint and Paintbrush
•Craft Glue
•Bamboo Skewers (or small dowel rods)
•Wire and Wire Tools
•Adhesive Pearls (or googly eyes)
•1″ Round Piece of Scrapbook Paper
•Tiny Black Pom Pom
Dip the end of the bamboo skewers into craft glue and insert into the balls.
•Paint balls with black acrylic paint.
•After the paint has dried, cut the ends of the skewers approx. 3/4″, dip into glue and attach body and head of the ant together.
Cut six 1″ pieces of wire, bend the ends as show, dip in craft glue and insert into body of the ant.
•Cut two more 1″ pieces of wire and curl the top of the wire with wire tools before inserting them into the head of the ant for the antennas.
Add two black dots to the center of the adhesive pearls to use as the eyes.
•Punch a 1″ circle from decorative scrapbook paper, cut a notch from the circle and glue together to form a party hat. Glue onto the top of the ant. Top off the hat with a teeny tiny pom pom.
•Cut a strip of adhesive pearls to use as a necklace.
Mine is fairly small, but, wouldn’t a giant one make a cute centerpiece? (think big, real big!)
Sue Eldred

• Deborah Cripple

I love it!!

• Maria T Ford

I think he is beautiful and I'm not 2 years old ; ). I'm going to make a bigger one and put it in my garden. Thank you

• Sue Eldred

Thank You you've made me smile. We all need to find our inner kid now and then. (But, honestly I'm not sure where Mr. Negative came up with the age 2?) Anyway...Have a wonderful week-end!