How to Clean Your Dishwasher

$2

My dishwasher is one of the hardest working things in my house (I basically run it everyday!), but it’s easy to forget that it needs a good cleaning too. When my dishwasher starts to smell, you know it's time to give it a good cleaning. With just two green ingredients you can have an Eco clean dishwasher (without using expensive dishwasher detergent).
As with any green-friendly cleaner, baking soda and vinegar are my go-to cleaning ingredients.
Step 1: Gather Your Materials
I used white vinegar (cleaning vinegar), baking soda, and a dishwasher safe cup (not pictured).
Step 2: Put Your Cup in the Top Rack
Place your cup upright on the top shelf. I did this, because it allows the dishwasher to flood the vinegar out of the cup. This gives it a slow release as opposed to being poured out all at once. You don't have to do this, but I think it makes the cleaner work better.
Step 3: Add the Vinegar to the Cup
Fill the cup almost all the way to the top with vinegar.
Step 4: Sprinkle Baking Soda and Set Your Machine to Wash
Sprinkle baking soda on the bottom of the dishwasher. Then set it to the hottest setting, and let it start.
How simple was that? The smell is gone and now my dishwasher is nice and clean.

Quick Easter Egg Ideas That Are Just Too Cute
Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Inspirational Ideas for Spring Flowers
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
3 Brilliant Ideas How to Use Photo Frames
20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock

• Gabrielle Falk

I use a handful of bi.-carb soda and cleaning vinegar, to keep the drains, hopefully, clean. Just put the bi.-carb over the plug hole, pour some cleaning vinegar over (it will froth and foam), and that will then go down the drain. If you want to be keen, follow up with a decent quantity of boiling water.

• Carolyn from NH

My dishwasher has a constant order. Nothing gets rid of it. I pullout the filter it’s clean but I scrub it any way.so I have to prop it open and run into it when cooking. I have tried cleaner from the supermarket and home made. It’s a mystery. So will try your idea next.