How to Remove Soap Scum With Soap

Soap scum is inevitable but you don't need a special chemical just to get rid of it. All you need to get rid of soap scum is hot water, dish soap, and a scrubber.
Fill the tub with hot water until the water line is just above the soap scum line or just a few inches and a squirt of soap.
Let the water soak/sit for an hour or so.
Drain the water until an inch or two remains and add another squirt of dish soap.
Scrub away the soap scum and rinse.
For a stand up shower, clean it after showering as that will act as the "soaking period." The steam will loosen up the soap scum making it easier to remove. Use a bowl to hold the hot, soapy water and easily scrub away the scum.

Angela

• Cindy Broadbent

I find that if you use body wash you don't get soap scum. And I use the dish wand with dawn and vinegar for quick clean and in-between cleanings

O.k., I'm old and hate to bend over:) So, when l want to scrub out my tub, I put whatever it is I have handy to clean it, let it set for a minute or two and then use a toilet bowl brush (yes, you read that right) to scrub the tub. Not much bending, it gets into the corners and you can do the walls and anything else you need to clean. The hole is great for doing the faucet and handles.