How To Transform Your Stairs From Boring To Alluring

1 Material
$30

If you have stairs that are boring and could use an easy transformation then this tutorial is one you are going to flip over. I was able to take my stairs from burning to alluring in just one day – actually, in a few short hours. And all because I entered the August’s Fab Furniture Flippin’ Contest™!
how to transform your stairs from boring to alluring, foyer, how to, painting, stairs
After we installed a beautiful runner to the stairs, I knew the stringers needed a kick too! You can see that post here http://sassytownhouseliving.com/finally-carpeting-stairs/ Let me show you how easily I was able to transform my stairs and how you can too! This is what they looked like before. Plain, boring, and something you would just walk past and not blink an eye at. This stair transformation was focused on the stair stringers. Mine are called “cut stringers” – there are different types and styles of stringers as well.
I ordered these appliques from D. Lawless Hardware – Wood appliques and wood carvings are often called gingerbreads. Wood appliques are glued and sometimes nailed to furniture, cabinets, and desks as added decoration. (If you use contact cement to apply this trim you are less likely to have splits.) Embossed wood, onlays, wood appliques, wood carvings, call them what you like, but these are the same type wood carvings that have been used in the furniture and cabinetry trade for many years.
I decided to paint them gold as I knew they would really pop against the white paint I chose.
My foyer is stunning! I love how it makes a stunning statement when folks walk in.
Every time I look at the stairs, I am thrilled with the results.
This is one transformation I will never forget. It was moderately easy and only costs about $50! I’d say that’s pretty alluring!
When you see the before and after, you can really appreciate the transformation. Please be sure to stop over to my blog and see the exact steps I took to get from boring to alluring! I'd love to see you there so please stop by!
You'll find the link to the post below. Please stop on over to my blog to see exactly how I completed this project and lots more pics of the process.

I'd love seeing you there! Be sure to subscribe to my blog too for awesome giveaways, tutorials, restorations and much more. Please click here to subscribe! Subscribe Here!

Sassy Townhouse Living

• Joan Chrismon

Love your transformation. Will definitely look in on your site. Where did you buy the carpet for the runner on the steps?????
    • Sassy Townhouse Living

You made my day, Joan! I had the runner installed by a professional local rug company. They were the best! Thanks so much for stopping by. Please be sure to subscribe to my blog. I would so appreciate that!
  • Smg24418530

Now, what are you going to do with the wall under the stairs?
    • Smg24418530

Might want to do it on matching angle to stairs. Be sure to tag me when you get it done.
  • Eroque022810

Would you or have you considered what to do with the stringer on the other side of steps? It looks out of place now,maybe just same paint would tie it all in?
    • Joan

It is absolutely perfect! I makes it pop just the right way.