White Garden Cottage...

we just built this shed in my garden. we recycled the windows, floor, doors and trim pieces. it took us about 9 weekends to finish it and cost just under $1000. it's 10' x 10' x 12'
bits and pieces of the shed.
we recycled our old 10 x10 deck, for the flooring.
after framing, we added zinc roof panels. we etched the zinc with toilet bowl cleaner, and threw some table salt on top of that, they sat in the sun for 2 hrs, and were rinsed with baking soda to neutralize the etching.
after the siding was done, an old chippy door was installed. we cut a porch post in half and added them to either side of door. on top is an old header from a piece of furniture. i collected all of these things over the years.
we had 2 leaded glass windows for years, and decided to use them on the front. i used a scroll saw to cut the detail in the bottom trim and added a metal applique.
on the right side, we recycled french doors from our recent house remodel.
on the left side, are 3 windows from the same remodel. to save money, we used 6' fence pickets for most of the trim.
inside is the fireplace my husband built for the garden last year.
it has electricity and there is an old chandelier (that needs rewiring). but, it's so bright and cheerful inside, i won't miss it for now.
time for landscaping:)

Lynn at shabby story

• Drw7316061

YOUR COTTAGE IS EXTRAORDINARY!! IS THE ROOF PANEL ONE SHEET ? IF IT IS WHERE DID YOU GET IT ? J WAMPLER DRWAMPLER@YAHOO.COM

• Lynn at shabby story

no, the roofing is 2' x'8' panels that interlock and they came from menards. it's a very simple roof to put on and 3 yrs later--totally dry inside!

• Win19021039

May I be invited to read your blog?

• Angela Medaries

Love shabby chic and this takes the cake! Been wanting ideas for a She- shed, hobby shop, just my place! Will start gathering internal and external parts and pieces! I have a few will add more now I have a brain storm idea! Thanks for the inspiration!

• Sharon

Oh no! I know that you will miss it when you move. I hope that you have plans to do another one at your new place. Please post it if you do another one.