A Surprising Way to Prevent Soap Scum Build-up on Glass Shower Doors

For the very first time, I am having to deal with a glass shower door in the bathroom. This means I notice soap scum build-up so much more than ever before! I was wracking my brain to come up with a way to make this cleaning process easier and I had this revelation... SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS HERE: http://www.idreamofclean.net/a-surprising-way-to-prevent-soap-scum-build-up-on-glass-shower-doors/
This side-by-side comparison shows the difference Rain-x made on my glass shower door.

20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
21 Stunning Wreaths for The 4th of July
15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
15 Stencil Patterns You'll Wish You'd Seen Sooner
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
Christine (iDreamofClean)

• Helen Walsh
    Helen Walsh

I don't think we have Rainex in Ireland.Is it a window cleaner?Thanks so much for the amazing tips

• Marie Mc Morrow
      Marie Mc Morrow

It is normally used on the windshield of a car to keep the rain from streaking. Your auto store would know what it’s called there. By the way I was born in Ireland too.

• Bk Woodyard
    Bk Woodyard

Can I use the rain x on my porcelain tile on my shower walls?

• Christine (iDreamofClean)
      Christine (iDreamofClean)

I would check with the manufacture. The back of my bottle states that it's only for glass and not to spray on anything with paint/coating. Sometimes tile installers will put a sealant over the tile so I personally wouldn't want the RainX to remove the sealant :)

• Deborah L Speaks
    Deborah L Speaks

What about using Rainex on the tiles?

• Christine (iDreamofClean)
      Christine (iDreamofClean)

• Mishalucy
    Mishalucy

I use a 50/50 solution of rubbibg alcohol/water that I put in a garden pump sprayer (walmart $4.88). Pump up pressure and Spray shower every couple of days and squeegie. The pump makes a fine mist. Have used this for years. Tile and glass is very clean.
  • Gel32384700
    Gel32384700

I would NOT use Rain X! It is full of chemicals and is made to repel water on your windshield and maybe headlights! When used properly, it leaves a thick buildup on the windshield and on your windshield wipers.

Does this sound like something you want around your BODY and CHILDREN'S bodies?

Not me!

There are shower sprays that can be used either iver the counter or homemade that help slow the scum... you just spray it after your shower.