Glass Florals for The Hometalk Challenge...

SURPRISE! Flowers for the girls in the Office...
Hometalk needs flowers in their newly remodeled NY office.
1. Flower: You'll need Antique Snack dishes our mothers & grandmas used to entertain. Candleholders, antique ashtray, Hockey Puck with a 1/2 in. hole drilled up the inside, Gems, Enamel Glass Paints, E6000, & Loctite Marine glue. Stems follow...
2. Painting: Clean your glass surface well, making sure it's dust free. I mixed a few colors to get the perfect HOMETALK teal blue.
3.Painting: Paint the candleholder, ashtray, as desired. I paint twice sometimes, because I don't want any light passing through painted petals.
4. Bake: Place your painted glass pieces in a COLD oven, set it on 325 deg. for 45 min. Shut off oven & leave them in the oven till both oven, & glass are completely cooled.
5. Connecting: Rough up the "connection" spots with sandpaper, just for extra security that the glue will grab hold to my candleholder. Wipe clean before your beads of glue.
So it will be, Gem E6000 to candlestick, Candlestick E6000 to front of plate, Hockey Puck Loctite Marine Glued to back of plate...
6. Pressure: After applying my gem, & pretty knob w/ E6000, I apply a good bead of E6000 glue & attach the candleholder to the plate, it helps to add books for some pressure while this dries 24 hrs. Loctite is applied to the "roughed up" side of the hockey puck. NOTE: Be certain where you want the puck to sit while drying! This will determine how it attaches to the stem later.
7. Stems: The stems are 1/2in. copper plumbing pipes. Cut to my desired length.
8. Leaves: I simply bend & form the leaves easily, with this soft copper tubing. Cut with a RIDGID soft pipe cutter. Hubby spot welds them onto the copper pipe. Everyone needs one. A cutter & a Hubs, that is.
9. Assembly: I put a dab/drop, of dishwashing liquid or oil into the hockey puck hole to slide the stem in easier. It fits snug.
I took a few beautiful pics ....but don't be fooled...
These were made for the wonderful HOMETALK team.
They sit in a pot of kitty litter well girls & don't need watering or deadheading :)! Whatcha think gals?

Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
Do You Want to Make Over a Room in Your Home & Add Gorgeous Built-Ins?
Make Your Kitchen Beautiful With These 15 Inexpensive Ideas
Quick Easter Egg Ideas That Are Just Too Cute
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile

• Ronda DeJaynes
    Ronda DeJaynes

I have tried using E6000 on glass dishes before. Once my project was out in the hot sun it came apart
  • Bev
    Bev

How do you connect the stem to the plate?
  • Nyjiona Stephens Johnson
    Nyjiona Stephens Johnson

I love these, I plan on making me some this spring. Oh. And I love the blue color. Where did you buy your hockey pucks?

• Mickey Baron
      Mickey Baron

I got a box of them at a garage sale. And also at Play it again Sports. If you have one in your area. They sell slightly used Sports equipment.

• Karen Usoff
    Karen Usoff

I love this -- and you can use small bottle glued to the back instead of hockey pucks.
  • Candy
    Candy

I would just like to make a comment. I received these beautiful snack plates and cups for a wedding shower gift from a family member in 1960. Mine are still really beautiful. I would like to say the art you created is beautiful. It is something that takes your mind to a fun time. Cute as can be. Candy