Glass Florals for The Hometalk Challenge...
SURPRISE! Flowers for the girls in the Office...
Hometalk needs flowers in their newly remodeled NY office.
1. Flower: You'll need Antique Snack dishes our mothers & grandmas used to entertain. Candleholders, antique ashtray, Hockey Puck with a 1/2 in. hole drilled up the inside, Gems, Enamel Glass Paints, E6000, & Loctite Marine glue. Stems follow...
2. Painting: Clean your glass surface well, making sure it's dust free. I mixed a few colors to get the perfect HOMETALK teal blue.
3.Painting: Paint the candleholder, ashtray, as desired. I paint twice sometimes, because I don't want any light passing through painted petals.
4. Bake: Place your painted glass pieces in a COLD oven, set it on 325 deg. for 45 min. Shut off oven & leave them in the oven till both oven, & glass are completely cooled.
5. Connecting: Rough up the "connection" spots with sandpaper, just for extra security that the glue will grab hold to my candleholder. Wipe clean before your beads of glue.
So it will be, Gem E6000 to candlestick, Candlestick E6000 to front of plate, Hockey Puck Loctite Marine Glued to back of plate...
6. Pressure: After applying my gem, & pretty knob w/ E6000, I apply a good bead of E6000 glue & attach the candleholder to the plate, it helps to add books for some pressure while this dries 24 hrs. Loctite is applied to the "roughed up" side of the hockey puck. NOTE: Be certain where you want the puck to sit while drying! This will determine how it attaches to the stem later.
7. Stems: The stems are 1/2in. copper plumbing pipes. Cut to my desired length.
8. Leaves: I simply bend & form the leaves easily, with this soft copper tubing. Cut with a RIDGID soft pipe cutter. Hubby spot welds them onto the copper pipe. Everyone needs one. A cutter & a Hubs, that is.
9. Assembly: I put a dab/drop, of dishwashing liquid or oil into the hockey puck hole to slide the stem in easier. It fits snug.
I took a few beautiful pics ....but don't be fooled...
These were made for the wonderful HOMETALK team.
They sit in a pot of kitty litter well girls & don't need watering or deadheading :)! Whatcha think gals?
See all materials
Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. More info