Diane Kaul
Diane Kaul
  • Commerce Township, MI

Tutorial on Cleaning Your Bathtub Drain

If your tub drain is running slow this post is for you! It's a step-by-step tutorial how to clear it up and best of all it will cost you nothing more than time.
Here are some tell-tale signs you might need to clean your drains, 1.) You’re standing in your shower up to your ankles in water, and after your shower or bath the tub takes F-o-r-e-v-e-r to drain. 2.) maybe there’s a funky smell in your bathroom
tutorial on cleaning your bathtub drain, bathroom ideas, cleaning tips, home maintenance repairs, how to, Removing gunk
Removing gunk
tutorial on cleaning your bathtub drain, bathroom ideas, cleaning tips, home maintenance repairs, how to, Tools needed
Tools needed
tutorial on cleaning your bathtub drain, bathroom ideas, cleaning tips, home maintenance repairs, how to, Drain all fixed
Drain all fixed!
Diane Kaul

• Ann S Wilson

Why can't I copy your advise into my Word document??

• Lien

You can get a plastic tool to remove hair from Dollar Tree store for $1.00. It works great. Just stick it down the drain and pull it out. You see that it will collect any hair in the drain. I have one in each of my bathroom.

• Nicky

How do I get rid of candle wax in drain. Have poured down Hot boiling water but is still draining slowly.

• Malou

what is the measurement for the mixture?

• Cindi

The next thing I do is just a great maintenance item. I pour about a half cup of baking soda down the drain, and then pour in vinegar until it bubbles up to the top of the drain. I leave that for about 15 minutes, and then pour really hot water (not quite to boiling) down the drain.

• Nicky

Will do thx

• Catherine.johnson

I did follow those instructions about 6 months ago. I also have tried using one of those Zip-It plastic cheap tool, that is suppose to work great. My pipe drain doesn't go straight down, I tried using a snake and that didn't work and when I used the Zip-It, it broke in half. Now the drain is running slower than ever. HELP please. Thanks.