Dana Corby
Dana Corby
  • Anderson Island, WA

Bathroom Remodel Using a Sewing Machine Table for a Vanity.

The bathroom was tiny and I kept whacking my hip on the corner of the ugly, builder-grade 'oak' vanity. The new vanity is made from an old sewing machine table and the whole project was completed on less than $100.
This is the finished project. We love it because it's just so silly. The gold lame shower curtains were my husband's idea.
The chandelier that started the remodel -- the ceiling in this closet-sized bathroom was so high it was like being in a cave so we moved this light that we hated from the dining room into the guest bath.
The new vanity. The front door still opens and there's just enough room to store a few cleaning items.

• Gin12775965

what did u do with the pipes and drain?

• Shawna Bailey

Ran them right into the wall?

• Dana Corby

Hi, Shawna! That photo was taken in the kitchen before we installed the sink in the bathroom. What we did with the hoses and drains was just paint them gold!

• Dana Corby

Ginger, we just painted them gold.

• Debbie Perkins

Way to go! I have one in the 1/2 bath in my sewing roo. I used an oval vessel sink on mine with the tall faucet. There was a bump out that I had to work around. I just cut the legs off in the back and screwed it to the wall. Everyone loves it. Way to go!

• Debbie Perkins

Room. 🙄