Bren Did
Bren Did
  • Papillion, NE

Cheap Easy DIY Fall Wreath With Fresh Leaves for $0!

$0

Front door wreaths are beautiful but expensive to purchase and awkward to store. I use this easy trick to make my own gorgeous front door wreath from fresh fall leaves to save $$ and storage space (it's biodegradable so you can throw it away at the end of the season with no guilt). Look how lovely it turned out!

This wreath uses fresh fall leaves from your yard, cardboard, kitchen tools, and NO SPECIAL CRAFT SUPPLIES. It costs almost nothing to make and is so easy you can complete it while watching television!
cheap easy diy fall leaves wreath made from real leaves for 0 , crafts, how to, seasonal holiday decor, wreaths
Colorful fall leaves are my favorite part of autumn. I love the gorgeous colors and always want to collect them for crafts. Unfortunately, beautiful leaves gathered one afternoon are usually a brown curled-up mess the next morning. I'm too impatient to press the leaves between books for weeks & weeks, so I use a QUICK DRY method to quickly flatten the leaves while keeping their colors bright.
First I collect leaves in lots of different colors and shapes. I simply walk around my neighborhood looking for freshly fallen leaves that have no holes or damage. (You can dry all the leaves at once or make a few leaves a day until you have the desired amount.)
I use my kitchen microwave and some parchment paper to dry the leaves.
Next I press them flat with my household iron. You can check out the blog post on BrenDid.com for the full instructions.
Voilá… perfectly pressed leaves ready to use for your favorite craft or home decor. They look great in a centerpiece, floral arrangement, or wreath.
I make my leaves into a front door wreath by attaching them to a wreath shape I cut from an old cardboard box.
Gorgeous fall color for $0... love it! If you want to see exactly how I completed the wreath, please check out the post on BrenDid.com and see for yourself!

• Leaves  (Outside)
  • Cardboard Box  (Recycling)
  • Iron  (Laundry Room)
Bren Did

• Snell14004

No ? I sprayed leaves with PAM spray and sent them to my friend who had moved to Fl. She placed them around her thanksgiving table for a little bit of northern fall

• Patricia Amos Denney

Love this because it is simple and almost free. How did you attach the leaves?