How to cover a lamp cord?

+10
How do you cover ugly lamp cords that have to run across a hardwood floor?
  • Mary Mary on Aug 29, 2016
    My cord runs across the floor so that lamps can be plugged to the nearest outlet.
  • Crystal Skippy Lemke Crystal Skippy Lemke on Aug 29, 2016
    My daughter didn't like how her earbuds wire looked so she crocheted yarn over the top of it to cover it. Maybe you could do this to your lamp cord to jazz them up a bit?
  • Kathy Bitzan Kathy Bitzan on Aug 30, 2016
    I would be careful, I tripped on a cord earlier this year and landed on my left knee. It has been three months and still healing. It is not safe... and I knew better. I have it covered with an area rug now.
  • Bobbie Bobbie on Aug 30, 2016
    I have a 5'x7' area rug cover my cable wire in the traffic area.
  • Faye Campbell Faye Campbell on Aug 30, 2016
    If the chord is long enough you can feed it under your baseboard until it reaches the outlet. Consider re-arranging your furniture so the lamp is closer to the outlet and hid by other furniture. Duct tape can be used to strap a chord to the back of solid furniture.
  • Mary Mary on Aug 30, 2016
    Sorry but dealing with cord tuning several feet across the floor but thanks
  • Mary Mary on Aug 30, 2016
    Thanks Nobbie. I have a rug ordered and hope it will cover most of it but will probably have a couple of feet left until it reaches the wall.
  • Mary Mary on Aug 30, 2016
    Thanks Kathy ad that is exactly why I want to find an attractive solution! Hope you have a full recovery!
  • Mary Mary on Aug 30, 2016
    Cute maybe I could use jute to match my rug.
  • Wannie Wannie on Aug 31, 2016
    never never run lamp cords under a mat or rug .It can lead to fire hazards.
  • Jigger9901 Jigger9901 on Aug 31, 2016
    I have a cord running in the groove, between two boards. I've darkened it to make it less noticeable, so all good ; )