DIY Metallic Autumn Wreath

I'm sharing how I made the prettiest metallic autumn wreaths using craft supplies I already had on hand.
This metallic leaf was the inspiration for this project -- totally not necessary for this craft, but just wanted to share how I came up with the idea for these wreaths!
The first thing I did was paint up a bunch of synthetic, bright orange leaves with Delta Gleams craft paint in Pale Gold and Copper. I also SPRAYED some with leftover Gold spray paint. (The wreath will look better if you use more than one metallic color.)
Once the leaves were dry, I randomly hot glued them to grapevine wreaths I've collected from garage sales. If you don't go to garage sales, you can purchase them at any store that sells craft supplies.
I chose to hang my wreaths with a burlap ribbon, but a ribbon is not necessary for this project.
It feels good to use up craft supplies that I have on hand. But the best thing about autumn wreaths is you can hang them in your home from September through Thanksgiving! :D
Trust me .. you'll want to make more than just one wreath! I invite you to check out this and other simple craft projects on my website.
Cynthia - Clockworkinteriors

Questions on this post

Your question...

Comments

2 of 29 comments
Next