From Headboard To Chalkboard

213K Views
Hello Hometalkers! I teamed up with my friends over at DecoArt, to bring you this project! Their line of paints are seriously to die for! Easy to use, and their bright crisp colors will leave your projects looking ahhhmazing!
  • from headboard to chalkboard, chalkboard paint, crafts, how to, painting, repurposing upcycling
The paint that I used for this project is from the Americana Chalky Finish line. I am seriously in LOVE with this stuff.
Without further ado, let’s get into the project!
So this is what I started with
I know some may get upset with what I did next…
I started with my reciprocating saw and I cut off the spindle posts. Don’t worry I didn’t toss them. I reused them for another amazing project (that will be coming soon).
I still have the second part of the headboard that I can repurpose into something else, too.
Then I got to work with the Americana Chalky Finish paint. The shade is Refreshing and it is gorgeous!
I can’t get over how easy this stuff is to work with. You just paint and the product does all the work!
I left some of the edges unpainted and let the natural wood show through. This was just so I could get a really rustic look.
Next, I painted the inside part with Americana Chalkboard Paint.
Another fabulous product from DecoArt.
Once the chalkboard paint had dried, all that was left to do was set up my new chalkboard!
Take a look…
Ahhhhh….I am in LOVE!
So there you have it! A brand new chalkboard from an old headboard.

Suggested materials for this project:

• DecoArt Americana Chalky Finish  (Michael's)
  • DecoArt Americana Chalkboard Paint  (Michael's)
Holly from By The Stand

Want more details about this project and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!