Upcycle Toilet Paper Rolls Into This Pretty Wreath!

$5

You won't want to recycle all of your toilet paper rolls after you see this awesome wreath you can make using them!
Materials you will need: -Toilet paper rolls - I used about 30. If you have paper towel rolls though, you'll use less. -circular base to hold the cardboard "petals." I just formed some rope from a brown paper bag to use. A cross stitch hoop would also work well. -some sort of flower decor to add to the cardboard petals. I had scrapbook paper flowers on hand. -Twine flowers would also be great - READ HERE to see how to make them!
Press your toilet paper rolls flat, and cut them into strips about 1/4" wide. You can see a tub full of them in the picture above.
Because I didn't have any cross stitch hoops on hand, and didn't want to buy one for this project, I just made my own circle base out of rope handles from a brown paper bag I had. I just wrapped the rope around a small pot and used some hot glue to re-enforce the circular shape.
Hot Glue the toilet paper roll "petals" in the pattern above on the rope circle.
I continued gluing until I formed a wreath shape I liked. No real pattern to follow - just eyed it until I liked it.
I found a satin belt ribbon in my material scrap drawer that I used for the ribbon roses. You can use any material you want. All you do is roll it up and hot glue it until it looks like a pretty rose.
I had some scrapbook flowers in my craft bin (that I probably grabbed at Michaels as a clearance item because they were cute) and used those along with the ribbon roses to embellish the toilet paper roll wreath. All in all, this is one of the easiest frugal projects I think I have done. I didn't shop for any of the these supplies - I used just what I hand laying around my house. I have an awesome Coffee Filter wreath you should check out OVER HERE for more wreath inspiration. :)

• Toilet paper rolls
  • Circular base - made out of rope or a cross stitch hoop  (The sturdy rope came from a brown paper bag handle)
  • Scrapbooking flowers, felt flowers, twine flowers  (Michaels clearance for the scrapbook flowers. I made the satin flowers from material scraps I had)

Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
Transform Tuna Cans Into Gorgeous Lighting In 10 Simple Steps
3 Great Ideas To Easily Upgrade Your Window
Maura White

• Mrs.B
    Mrs.B

Did you measure and mark even 1/4 inch on rolls for cuts? How did you make cuts..scissors, exacto knife, paper cutter?

• Mary DeHaven
    Mary DeHaven

I noticed that two of the bottom pieces were crimped. Is there a reason or is it just an added touch?
    • PAMELA
      PAMELA

OH DEAR, YOU NEED TO BE ARTIST TO SEE WHAT IT WAS MADE TO LOOK LIKE.. A LEAF CAPS BECAUSe OF MY ASTIGMATISM
  • Susan Tietjen
    Susan Tietjen

Can it actually hang on a wall without drooping? The straw handle circle wouldn't keep its shape, especially with the weight of the rosettes.

• Christie Chambers
      Christie Chambers

If the pieces are laid out and glued correctly, it’ll stand up pretty well. I make these alot

• Jackie Gulick-Dunn
    Jackie Gulick-Dunn

I am definitely going to do this!

• Maria
    Maria

I really need to try this, I have a garbage bag full that I don’t know what to do with them. Thanks for a great idea!