Upcycle Toilet Paper Rolls Into This Pretty Wreath!

$5

You won't want to recycle all of your toilet paper rolls after you see this awesome wreath you can make using them!
Materials you will need: -Toilet paper rolls - I used about 30. If you have paper towel rolls though, you'll use less. -circular base to hold the cardboard "petals." I just formed some rope from a brown paper bag to use. A cross stitch hoop would also work well. -some sort of flower decor to add to the cardboard petals. I had scrapbook paper flowers on hand. -Twine flowers would also be great - READ HERE to see how to make them!
Press your toilet paper rolls flat, and cut them into strips about 1/4" wide. You can see a tub full of them in the picture above.
Because I didn't have any cross stitch hoops on hand, and didn't want to buy one for this project, I just made my own circle base out of rope handles from a brown paper bag I had. I just wrapped the rope around a small pot and used some hot glue to re-enforce the circular shape.
Hot Glue the toilet paper roll "petals" in the pattern above on the rope circle.
I continued gluing until I formed a wreath shape I liked. No real pattern to follow - just eyed it until I liked it.
I found a satin belt ribbon in my material scrap drawer that I used for the ribbon roses. You can use any material you want. All you do is roll it up and hot glue it until it looks like a pretty rose.
I had some scrapbook flowers in my craft bin (that I probably grabbed at Michaels as a clearance item because they were cute) and used those along with the ribbon roses to embellish the toilet paper roll wreath. All in all, this is one of the easiest frugal projects I think I have done. I didn't shop for any of the these supplies - I used just what I hand laying around my house. I have an awesome Coffee Filter wreath you should check out OVER HERE for more wreath inspiration. :)

• Toilet paper rolls
  • Circular base - made out of rope or a cross stitch hoop  (The sturdy rope came from a brown paper bag handle)
  • Scrapbooking flowers, felt flowers, twine flowers  (Michaels clearance for the scrapbook flowers. I made the satin flowers from material scraps I had)

3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
Grab Some Pool Noodles And Copy These 3 Ideas
20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
Upgrade Your Backyard With These 30 Clever Ideas
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
15 Totally Doable Makeover Ideas You Can Finish In One Day
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
15 Clever Repurposing Ideas That Will Add Some Creativity to Your Home
The Wonderful Things You Can Make With...Paper!
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
31 Tricks To Help You Fix The Wood In Your Home:
Maura White

• Mrs.B

Did you measure and mark even 1/4 inch on rolls for cuts? How did you make cuts..scissors, exacto knife, paper cutter?

• Mary DeHaven

I noticed that two of the bottom pieces were crimped. Is there a reason or is it just an added touch?
    • PAMELA

OH DEAR, YOU NEED TO BE ARTIST TO SEE WHAT IT WAS MADE TO LOOK LIKE.. A LEAF CAPS BECAUSe OF MY ASTIGMATISM
  • Susan Tietjen

Can it actually hang on a wall without drooping? The straw handle circle wouldn't keep its shape, especially with the weight of the rosettes.

• Christie Chambers

If the pieces are laid out and glued correctly, it’ll stand up pretty well. I make these alot

• Jackie Gulick-Dunn

I am definitely going to do this!

• Maria

I really need to try this, I have a garbage bag full that I don’t know what to do with them. Thanks for a great idea!