Nancy Dean Davis
Nancy Dean Davis
  • Circleville, OH

Repurposed Vintage Floor Lamp With Chicken Wire Lamp Shade

So I may be a little nuts (please don't ask my friends) but when I buy something from an auction, flea market or yard sale the item calls my name. Begging for a new home with some new luv. It is a feeling that is just that a feeling. I fell in love with this vintage floor lamp. The colors were repulsive, pink, blue and gold. I could see it in my mind as to how it was going to look like after it got an overhaul aka luving. Well many oops later it is finished not as I had plan but on this one I had to roll with the punches and go to plan B,C, etc. My Blog explains the oops in detail. Hope you enjoy.
A before picture.  The colors are pink, blue and gold.  Awesome, huh?  Couldn't wait to get it transformed.
A before picture. The colors are pink, blue and gold. Awesome, huh? Couldn't wait to get it transformed.
Extreme rusted base that I got advice from @hometalk #hometalk members to soak it in vinegar and baking soda.
Another look at the rusted base.
Another look at the rusted base.
The beautiful finial that was also soaked in vinegar and baking soda to clean up a little.
My favorite part was the double light with pull chains.
The floor lamp finished.
The floor lamp finished.
part of the floor lamp  repurposed.
part of the floor lamp repurposed.
Details of the lamp.
Details of the lamp.
The base cleaned up from the vinegar and baking soda.  It took just enough off to get the patina that I wanted.
The base cleaned up from the vinegar and baking soda. It took just enough off to get the patina that I wanted.
The detailed base cleaned up.
The detailed base cleaned up.

Nancy Dean Davis

• 153091

Really like your lamp, rust-is-must! For my taste..I would like to see the chicken wire shade only, no cloth.... especially for outside appeal...this way you could also see the sockets and pull chains.

• Jeannie Andrews

I love the detail on the post of the lamp. It is so delicate-looking I thought from afar that you had painted random flowers on the pole. Very pretty.