Doily Stenciled Vintage Plates

Give some new life to old crockery and plates with this simple fun craft. Paint your plates using a doily as a stencil to brighten them up and add interest.
This is a really easy craft to do. Paper doilies make a great fun stencil and I have used them in the past to add the wow factor to some plain canvas cushions. This time I decided to give some of my old plates the doily treatment.
All you need is some old plates. If you don't have any they can be picked up very cheaply from thrift stores.
Porcelain paints
Paper doilies a good assortment is best, click here to see them.
Repositionable Adhesive Spray Mount
Using the adhesive spray to position your doily on the plate where you want to stencil. Using a dabbing motion paint on the plate with your porcelain paint.
Once finished, carefully remove the doily. Depending on what kind of porcelain paint you have used, set the paint according to the instructions.
Porcelain paint tends to come in 2 varieties: bake and no bake. Bake tends to be more robust than no bake.
More details are on the blog below.
If you liked this you may want to see my fantastic doily stenciled pillows, Click here to see them.

3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
30 Ideas To Make Your Office Look Great
These Clever Ideas Will Help You With Spring Cleaning
These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
15 Decor Projects That Will Make Your Home Beautiful
Check Out These Wonderful Ways To Decorate Your Plain Mugs
Claire at Pillarboxblue

• Joanne Maria Richards
    Joanne Maria Richards

Can they be made food safe??

• Clayton
      Clayton

Hi, Claire at Pillarboxblue. Have Peboe's Porcelaine paints been reformulated recently? A while back, I contacted the company and they said the paint is NOT food safe, even after baking. Has that changed?

• Debi Martin Jamieson
    Debi Martin Jamieson

Can you eat off these plates?

• Sandy
      Sandy

Robin, it appears that once Uve done ur stenciling if ur still uneasy w the stencil paint being safe to eat off of, u can add another poly seal that is food safe and then ull be good to go. I hope this helps u so u can confidently work on the project and enjoy what ur doing as well after all that's what crafts are all about, a time to enjoy urself and let ur worries wait for another day. 🦋Sincerely, Sandy🦋

• Michele Morgan
    Michele Morgan

When you look at the materials used it says u need cork board and a map, mod podge, and a few other things. What does all that have 2 do with the plates? And if u spray adhesive on the doilys won't they stick 2 the plates? How do u remove all the adhesive afterwards?

• Karen
      Karen

You can use any type of lotion it with remove the sticky. But i dont know if it will remove the print?