DIY Backyard Campout Birthday Party

This weekend, we hosted a backyard campout birthday party for my son's 9th birthday. We had a BBQ, neighborhood trail map scavenger hunt, a pinata, silly string war, and a giant dessert table. But after so much fun and sugar, it was impossible to get them to sleep!
You can read all about it in my post: http://tidbitsandtwine.com/backyard-campout-birthday-party/
Tidbits&Twine: Backyard Campout Birthday Party
Strawberries on a log!  Just drill holes into the log and insert the skewers.
Strawberries on a log! Just drill holes into the log and insert the skewers.
S'more station.  The buckets contain graham crackers, chocolate and marshmallows.
S'more station. The buckets contain graham crackers, chocolate and marshmallows.
Goodie bags!  In keeping with the theme, I used red bandanas tied to a stick.
Goodie bags! In keeping with the theme, I used red bandanas tied to a stick.
The dessert table with the banner that I made hanging above.
The sign leading guests into the house.  Other signs were used around the backyard to identify other locations, such as the Camp Grub, Trail Ahead and S'More Station.
The sign leading guests into the house. Other signs were used around the backyard to identify other locations, such as the Camp Grub, Trail Ahead and S'More Station.
A trail mix station and party favors.  The silly string war was a ton of fun for the kids, but a bit messy for me to clean up!
A trail mix station and party favors. The silly string war was a ton of fun for the kids, but a bit messy for me to clean up!
Kim {Tidbits&Twine}

• Sybil Blanton

Awesome! What a great idea.

• Tiffany Bible

I just have to say..You are awesome! My son is 11 and is all about camping. He would love a party like this. What a fantastic idea!