Making Magnets to Your Style! Great Gift Ideas!

$1

Making magnets are inexpensive. Great for gifts/holidays, lockers, refrigerators, party craft/party favor, etc. Kids will have fun making these too.

You'll need a bag of clear stones, mine came from the Dollar Tree.
Decide what you want to see through the stone - you can get really creative here... pictures of family/friends/pets/things you like, or sayings and print it on paper. You could instead use fabric or paint. If you print, you can use regular paper and inkjet/laser printer (make sure to let the ink dry completely). You can also use photo paper, card stock, etc.

You'll need some mod podge or you can mix Elmers or school glue with a little bit of water and make your own mod podge.

Cut your design out so it is ready to be glued.

Paint your mod podge on the back (flat part) of the stone.

Put your image or fabric on the stone picture side down (you want to see it out of the front). Press out any bubbles with your finger. Place another coat of mod podge on the back of the image/fabric to seal it.

Let it dry.

You are now going to put your magnet on.

Get your glue gun and let it get hot. You can use other types of glue here, but you'll want a strong one because you'll be pulling it on and off a metal surface.

Put your hot glue on the back of the image/fabric/paint.

Put your magnet on top and let dry/harden. You can get circle magnets at craft stores like Michaels, Hobby Lobby, and sometimes Walmart. I'm sure you can order them online as well.

That's it - your done!

These are some I made for the people I work with.

A teacher had my daughter makes these for Mothers Day. These are painted magnets - you paint one layer of acrylic paint at a time letting each coat dry between. Hot glue on your magnet and your done.

These are ones my kids made of their favorite movie stars.

Again - so easy, inexpensive, and great gifts. Paint them, use fabric, print images, print inspiration quotes or words. The list goes on...
I would love to have you stop by my blog    Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOsMN7hycVRco-MROXwmXg

Chas' Crazy Creations

• Wak20850730

Is there a way to drill a hole in the stone and make them into a bracelet

• Jewellmartin

These are just drops of glass, not real stones. You might be able to drill through the glass with a very fine drill bit, but these stones are easy to break just by dropping them. It’s worth a try, if you have an idea for a bracelet. Be sure to take at least four photos and post on Hometalk! ☺️

• Ellen Shoemaker

Could you use sparkle nail polish, add the picture and then add the magnet? I love all these projects! Thanks!!!

• Kathryn

Love this idea! Think you could use a little piece of magnet tape on back?
    • Jewellmartin

If you want to use the magnetic tape because that’s what you have on hand, then remove the self adhesive strip, and use clear Gorilla glue. If the magnets are very thin, then I stack two magnets together with a thin layer of glue between them.

I love that the directions include a cheap form of ModPodge. ModPodge costs me $3.99 for the small bottle, but school glue is 10-99 cents for the same amount in the back to school sales. Just add a little water, shake it up, glue, and it dries clear. ☺️