This Project Measures Up!

$10.00

I just couldn't take it any longer. Every time I needed a measuring cup, I was looking thru several drawers, pulling out baskets, looking under the fridge. And don't even get me started on a 1/2 teaspoon. So, I decided that enough was enough. I created this behind-the-door storage system using chalk paint and paint sticks. Now I know where they are all the time!
this trick will keep your measuring spoons organized for, chalk paint, chalkboard paint, kitchen cabinets, kitchen design, organizing
My completed measuring cup and measuring spoon storage cabinet.
First I started out with two coats of chalkboard paint, but you could use any type or color of paint. Then, I painted two lengths of heavy-duty stir sticks and pre-drilled holes in each end.
I measured where the cups and spoons should go, marked the spaces, them added small picture hangers. Small brads were used to attach to the back of the cabinet.
I wrote chalk each size just above each cup/spoon. *note: I used the rubber squares like you put behind the corners of pictures to keep them from sliding so they don't bang when you open the door.
The Everyday Home/Barb Garrett

• Mia

you could always use chalkboard contact paper if you are not allowed to paint. It works great

• Shirley Lucas

Oh yes; this is a must!!! Thank you