EASY DIY Homemade Lavender Soap - Make 12 Bars in an Hour!

$20

I just love this EASY recipe to make homemade bar soap! I made 2 batches (24 bars) that I'm going to use as Christmas gifts this year! They look and smell lovely - and it was so much fun to make them!
easy diy homemade lavender soap make 12 bars in an hour , cleaning tips, how to
What You’ll Need: Life of the Party Suspension Soap Base, 2-Pound, Shea Butter - this is enough for 12 bars Freshware 12-Cavity Silicone Petite Loaf Pan to use as a soap mold Lavender Essential Oil Life of the Party Liquid Soap Colors, 0.75-Ounce, Red/Yellow/Blue, 3-Pack - you will need blue and red to make purple 10 Pcs Empty Eye Dropper Bottle Plastic Eye Liquid Screw Cap Lids 5ml - to use to mix colors soap colors Dried Lavender Flower - although I used my own from my flower garden Microwave Safe Measuring Cup w/ Spout Spatula Decorative tape and/or ribbon
The large block of shea butter soap base is smooth and silky, and it cuts easily with a kitchen knife. Slice the soap base into cubes, place them inside the measuring cup, and melt in the microwave in 30 second increments.
I did 3 batches of a third of the soap base each time. Stir well after each microwave session to ensure that the soap is completely melted. It took a minute and 30 seconds for each batch to 100% melt. Combine about 10 drops of red soap coloring and 10 drops of blue into an empty drop container. Now add 7 drops of the purple color to the melted soap and stir until even. Then add 10 drops of Lavender Essential oil and mix well. Last, sprinkle and stir in some dried lavender.
Pour into the soap mold and let sit for at least 45 minutes to cool.
I found some of the brown decorative tape and purple raffia on clearance at Walmart. Use whatever you want to wrap your bars as a personal touch. :)
I have made different varieties including citrus/rosemary, peppermint, and this Lemon Poppy Seed version that you can read OVER HERE! The UPS truck should be delivering today a honey & glycerin melt and pour soap base I just ordered from Amazon. I'm going to make an Autumn cinnamon, clove, and orange honey soap next!
easy diy homemade lavender soap make 12 bars in an hour
Click over to my blog post (click blue "Go" button below) and you can also get FREE PRINTABLE SOAP LABELS pictured above! Cut these out and wrap them around each soap to make a beautiful finishing touch!

• Soap base  (http://amzn.to/2cg79rS)
  • Silicone mold  (http://amzn.to/2bVIOt2)
  • Lavender essential oil  (http://amzn.to/2bLMdrh)

Maura White

• Lor14029757

Where can I obtain the SOAP BASE and what is the cost?

• Carol

You can also buy it at both Michaels and Hobby Lobby.

• Rosemarie Nichols Jeffries

Is it possible to melt the soap base on top of the stove? I don't have a microwave.

• LindaK

The double boiler system using an old electric skillet and a metal/or Corning bowl will work well. In college we used a large coffee can using this method to melt wax for candles.
  • Jun19735753

Does the soap fade and stain?
    • Maura White

I keep my soap in a soap dish and it's never stained.
      I've never kept my soap for over 6 months (I use it up fast) and it's never faded during that time. But I have not tested it for any length of time after that.