I Absolutely Hate Stickers

I really do wonder what some parents are thinking when they allow a child to do this.
It's mind blowing.
i absolutely hate stickers, furniture cleaning, painted furniture
I saw these 2 units at the local Sallies store as they were being dropped off.
Luckily for me,I am buddies with the guy who runs the place,because he let me have them both for $60.
As you can see,total lack of parenting here.
I posted them on my Facebook page and said....if you are going to give a child stickers please give them a sticker book or notepaper.
It took 2.5 hours of spraying with WD 40 and using a green scrub pad to get them all off,as well as remove the gum underneath them.
Once that was done,I stepped back and thought.....I simply can't ruin these with paint.
The handles on one,were childs ones.
Small kittens for handles,which my big fat hand can not open.
It was also missing the one on the cabinet.
The other had one childs handles and the rest were wood.
I managed to dig through my handle collection,and came up with enough small ones to replace them all with,then 2 larger ones that I used for the cabinets.
After removing all those stupid stickers,a simple wipe down with a damp cloth to remove any surface dust,left to dry in the sun for about an hour,then finished off with Linseed Oil.
We decided to keep this one and it is now in the office.
The other which is more pale,I have listed for sale.
I think painting them would have just ruined them.
What do you guys think?

• Kristy

I can't stand stickers all over the inside of car windows. Anyway..I'm glad you decided not to paint it . It looks great the way you did it.

• Jane

I have always had great success with removing stickers by using my blow dryer. Just heat the sticker and gently pull on the sticker. I move the dryer around--you don't want to leave it in 1 spot too long.