Storywood Designs
Storywood Designs
  • Raleigh, NC

A Teacher's Desk Before and After

An old teachers desk with a worn, dark and dirty finish found its way into my workshop almost a year ago. I finally completed the makeover, just in time for back to school. The dark stain hid gorgeous tiger oak wood and the base of the desk was renewed with ASCP in Emperor's Silk. I love the after so much that I scrapped plans to sell the table and moved it into our playroom instead! The full story and
a teacher s desk before and after, painted furniture
Storywood Designs

• The24869480

where did you buy the trex model from and what price? Please email me at
    theyoungjournalist@gmail.com as i would like to feature this setup in my story!
  • Valerie

I love this desk! This is exactly what I want to do. I have the same desk but don't know if it has the tiger wood! I hope so! What is the red paint color and where did you find it?

• Carole

Love the desk and also the choice of chair you are using with it. Do you have any thoughts on perhaps putting a glass top on over the oak to protect it - just looking at all your hard work and then the pots of colour pencils and scissors on the desktop - ouch! I guess you can refinish the top again if it does get marked. The wood is very pretty.

• Mark Hopple

I LOVE IT!! I love how you kept the top original and painted the rest and distressed it..It could not have been any other color other than red...Normally Im not a fan of painting old furniture.. But u did an Amazing job!! so glad the chair is left natural! Job well done! I always wanted one of these..