Bliss at Home
Bliss at Home
  • Rock Island, IL

From Holiday to New Year's Eve Lamp Using a Fillable Glass Lamp

Here is a design I did for the Hometalk + Lamps Plus 2013 Holiday Design Challenge. By using a Fillable Clear Glass Ovo Lamp from Lamps Plus you can create a stunning addition to your holiday and New Year's Eve decor.
Ring in the New Year in style! Here are the details on how to achieve this look perfect for the holidays and a great transition into New Year's!
This Fillable Clear Glass Ovo Lamp is perfect for the holidays!
On the shade, using fabric glue, attach the trimming to the edge and press down to get a good seal. Fabric and craft stores have a great selection of trimmings and glues.
Select items to go inside the glass. I used shatterproof ornaments in metallic colors. These are inexpensive and usually come in big quanities.
The lamp opens easily from the bottom.
The lamp opens easily from the bottom.
The base slides out and you can start placing your ornaments inside.
Here's the finished result! A classy and stylish lamp ready for the holidays and New Year's Eve!
Metallics are trending in a big way right now and perfect for the holidays!
We added a countdown, some chalkboard art, framed gold foil art, twinkle lights, and some gilded bubbly to create a beautiful festive scene that your guests will love!
A perfect way to welcome 2014!
A perfect way to welcome 2014!
Bliss at Home

• Cindy Steffen-Fenske

Happy Holidays! I Love Love every little bit of your home we can see. You truly have a gift. My question is can you share the name or site where you purchased the lovely Greek key trim you put on your lamp shade? I have been searching for that exact trim with no luck. Thank You and have a glorious Holiday Season, Cindy

• Lamps Plus

So simple and pretty! Love the mixed metallics for the holidays.

• Bliss at Home

@Lamps Plus Thanks so much :) I loved being part of this challenge! So fun :)