Tonya Diehl
Tonya Diehl
  • Murphysboro, IL

Quick & Easy Mailbox Makeover

A few weekends ago, I decided I was tired of looking at our sad, pitiful, little mailbox! I went to Lowes & purchased a new mailbox post which fit right over the top of our existing wooden post, making installation easy peasy!! Within 30 minutes our mailbox was completely transformed! I love the little flower box on the back! Our new mailbox is a showstopper & adds so much curb appeal to our home!
The sad, pitiful "before" photos. Chipping paint, rusted mailbox.
This is the mailbox post I purchased from Lowes.
We started by removing the old mailbox & perch, leaving us with just the wooden 4x4 post.
The new mailbox post fit right over the top of our existing post.
Using the hardware provided, we added the mailbox support arm & flower box to the new post.
The pretty "after" photo.
The pretty "after" photo.
The flower box adds color & curb appeal.
Vinyl monogram decal via etsy added for a little extra charm. We are so happy with our new mailbox!
Tonya Diehl

• Lynn Wall

Did you secure the new over post to the wooden post under with a s couple of screws?