Have Sticky Drawers or Cabinets After Removing Contact Paper?

All you need is your typical household rubbing alcohol! Just grab a clean cloth, douse it with rubbing alcohol, and wipe the surface down. Voila! Sticky free and clean smelling too.
Why, oh why do they use contact paper on perfectly good drawers?
Use your typical household rubbing alcohol and a clean cloth.
Rub down the surface and wipe clean.  Done!
Rub down the surface and wipe clean. Done!
Larissa ~ Prodigal Pieces

• Ronda Krier

None of this has worked for me I am at my wits end!

• Carey

Try some oil on a rag in a small spot and see if that cuts the goo. Then you will have to wash out the oil, It works for Sap, and gum. If you are planning to paint and are taking it down to bare wood, DO NOT USE OIL as your wood will absorb the oil and paint will NOT adhere! Better to use a mesh sandpaper on it in that case then sand smooth after the goo is gone! In that case you might be ahead to use an oiled finish rather than paint.

• Soooo....NEVER using Contac paper again 😕 But I will say, after trying scraping the goo, using Googone, and a deglosser, the ONLY thing that worked for me was the 70% alcohol! Very happy as we'd been so set to just get the cabinet shelves painted that this was so annoying!!