House Numbers for Ugly Railing!

I hate my front railing as it is cheap rather than chic. So since I was trying to keep my mind off of my 5 year old being in kdg., I decided to try and pretty this thing up. I just used pallet wood that got a whitewash and then rusty numbers and some spray painted cable to make it look a little more vintage. really pretty easy!
http://reposhture.blogspot.com/2013/08/how-do-you-make-ugly-railing-look-better.html
before
before
after
after
one side
one side
other side
other side
cable clamps to secure the cable around the pipe
eye screws wot help hang the boards and black zip ties to keep them in place on the cable
house numbers for ugly railing, curb appeal, pallet
Reposhture Studio - Kim

• OhSally

Honestly, I kind of like the look of the railing...sort of garden junkl chic...but with the numbers added, it blends in very nicely and looks much nicer.

• Lynn Goins

I've always hated those railings, too! I had them at my last house. Where were you with your clever and crafty house numbers back then?? LOL!!