Yvonne @ Sunnyside Up-Stairs
Yvonne @ Sunnyside Up-Stairs
  • Waianae, HI

Toddler August Paintings

I gave my 3-year-old daughter some scrap wood to paint on while I worked on house projects. She made three paintings this week, using leftover house paint and acrylics. We're saving up a little money at a time to buy her dedicated materials to play with. :)
Her first painting this week.  I gave her red, yellow, and green, and she mixed colors as she saw fit.  Layered over 2 painting sessions.
Her first painting this week. I gave her red, yellow, and green, and she mixed colors as she saw fit. Layered over 2 painting sessions.
I gave my daughter some leftover latex house paint (no-voc Olympic).  On the first day, she painted a purple and yellow layer.  On the second day, she painted a berry color, and mixed light blue with deep purple.
I gave my daughter some leftover latex house paint (no-voc Olympic). On the first day, she painted a purple and yellow layer. On the second day, she painted a berry color, and mixed light blue with deep purple.
Close up of her on-the-fly color mixing.
This was her first layer of a third painting.  She asked for red, green, and brown. I'll see if she picks this one up tomorrow and asks for another color; if not, she'll probably move on to a new painting.
This was her first layer of a third painting. She asked for red, green, and brown. I'll see if she picks this one up tomorrow and asks for another color; if not, she'll probably move on to a new painting.

Yvonne @ Sunnyside Up-Stairs

• Patricia W

Im just thrilled!! What a joy it is to give a child tools and have them create! A piece of paper and a box of crayons is the best gift for a child! Or finger paints and wood! very cute work by the way!!

• GranArt

way to go mom!! keep encouraging her.