Peggy Hill
Peggy Hill
  • Pocatello, ID

Painting a Front Walk

I had a problem with my front walk. it had a big hole that just seemed to get bigger every year, it got so big that we decided that it needed to be fixed. the hole was 3 feet wide and 4 feet long, so we filled in the hole, it took six bags of cement to fill it in. then I noticed that the hole was a different color then the rest of the front walk.
so I got this idea to paint the walk. I just didn't know
painting a front walk, concrete masonry, painting, I had a problem with my front walk it had a big hole that just seemed to get bigger every year
I had a problem with my front walk.it had a big hole that just seemed to get bigger every year
painting a front walk, concrete masonry, painting, after I filled in the hole I noticed that the hole was a different color then the rest of the front walk
after I filled in the hole, I noticed that the hole was a different color then the rest of the front walk.
painting a front walk, concrete masonry, painting, I saw a post of someone that painted their front porch with spray paint and a cement mold
I saw a post of someone that painted their front porch with spray paint and a cement mold.
painting a front walk, concrete masonry, painting, first painted the red brick with barn yard red paint then I painted the whole walk way a light gray color and painted the red brick with barn yard red paint
first painted the red brick with barn yard red paint. then I painted the whole walk way a light gray color. and painted the red brick with barn yard red paint.
painting a front walk, concrete masonry, painting, I even painted the steps with this paint this paint is a heavier paint the other paints I think it has sand mixed in to it
I even painted the steps with this paint. this paint is a heavier paint the other paints I think it has sand mixed in to it.
painting a front walk, concrete masonry, painting, I chose dark brown gray tan and rust for the stone look
I chose dark brown, gray, tan and rust. for the stone look.
painting a front walk, concrete masonry, painting, I had to do some free hand the mold didn t fit
I had to do some free hand the mold didn't fit.
painting a front walk, concrete masonry, painting, I then painted the stairs the dark brown
I then painted the stairs the dark brown
painting a front walk, concrete masonry, painting, I even painted the cement steps by the front gate everyone who sees this loves the colors and makes my front yard look so much nicer
I even painted the cement steps by the front gate. everyone who sees this loves the colors and makes my front yard look so much nicer
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. Prices updated as of September 04, 2018 11:43 PM - More info

• Wee4797068

What did you use to seal it?

• Bil8100571

Many years ago I painted a large concrete stepping stone with a colorful picture of a tree frog. I first sprayed an exterior varnish over the whole stone to keep it from absorbing water that would pop any kind of paint off (the Kilz waterproofing would accomplish this on the sidewalk and steps. I used the patio paint, which is designed for outdoor projects. This stone stayed colorful for about 10 years (would have lasted longer if I hadn't thrown some snowmelt on the place where the snow covered my stepping stone - live and learn.

• Jenny Emerson

Is it slippery when wet?

• Bev

I believe she mentioned that the paint a bit thicker and seemed to have sand in it. If not the seems perfect idea.

• Garyland Thompson

do u use gloss it to keep it shiny or waterproof?

• Margie betancourt

Love it. Its beautiful!! Great job😊

• Ericka Robinson

No question...just compliments! I absolutely love this idea. It’s colorful adding brightness to what would have been ordinary.