Back Yard

I had a back yard that was screaming for help. I was having a hard time growing anything back their. I kept hitting rock about 6-8 inches when I tried to plant anything. so one day I decide to dig up this rock that was stopping me from having my garden. and got the surprise of my life. what I thought was a rock was a 2nd patio that was buried under 6-8 inches of dirt. and a 3 x5 foot walkway that connected them together.
I made a frame all round the 2nd patio I used the dirt and filled in the flower beds and painted the red wood barn yard red. now I just need to paint the 2nd patio.
picture of my back yard. notice the onions planted in the bottom of the picture my attempt to grow something.
picture of my back yard.  notice the tree stump and garage.
picture of my back yard. notice the tree stump and garage.
I used the dirt  that covered the patio to fill in the flower beds and painted the red wood. I then painted the 1st patio dark brown.
I used the dirt that covered the patio to fill in the flower beds and painted the red wood. I then painted the 1st patio dark brown.
I even painted the steps.
I even painted the steps.
I looks ten times better
I looks ten times better
now I just need to paint this patio
now I just need to paint this patio

• C Crow

Ashamed of myself...you did all that work with great results (while I sit here on the computer thinking about what I SHOULD be doing). Nice job!

• Ann Smitt

I love how you incorporated the tree trunk with roots into your raised bed design. Nice use of space. Do you like herbs? They would do well in your pace. Choose scented ones like Mojito Spearmint (near your hot tub) plant in pots in the ground so they don't take over. Rosemary, basil and thyme also grow well in raised beds. Enjoy.