How to Make Your Own Chevron Fabric (any Color) - for CHEAP!

I have fallen head over heels in love with a new product by Frog Tape. It's called Shape Tape. It's a cut, patterned tape which allows you to create a Chevron pattern. I used some leftover fabric and ASCP to create this fabric, which I then turned into a No-Sew {faux} Roman Shade! I can't wait to try this one another project! Check it out!
You can use this technique and this product to create any color of fabric you desire.
This is what the Frog Tape Shape Tape looks like.
Stop by my blog and see how I used my Handmade Chevron Fabric to create this No-Sew {faux} Roman Shade.
I used Annie Sloan Chalk Paint, but you can use a regular craft paint and even a latex house paint if you want to match a room's decor.
I used a basic 4" roller to apply the paint to the fabric.
You can see the clean lines that was created because I made sure the tape was adhered well to the fabric.

30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
29 Ways To Get A Splash Of Blue In Your House
3 Brilliant Ideas How to Use Photo Frames
Do You Want to Update Your Antique Furniture?
Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
The Everyday Home/Barb Garrett

• Shelley
    Shelley

Love this idea. I have a window seat cushion that needs to be recovered and my daughter wants a chevron pattern, but we can’t find chevron in right color & fabric. Do you think this “painted fabric” would hold up to someone sitting on it, feet on it, etc?

• Linnea
      Linnea

Tulip makes a spray paint specifically for fabric. Dries soft, permanent and is washable. Tulip Color Shot Instant Fabric Color. Find at JoAnn Fabrics, Michaels, sometimes Walmart

• Shelley
    Shelley

Love the idea! Do you think it would hold up as a cover on a on a window seat?

• Candace
    Candace

Thank you so for sharing! I love it!!