Hanging Mason Jars Wall Art

The wall above my headboard has been crying for some sort of wall art. I've really fallen in love with all of the Mason Jar decor that's so popular right now, and when I saw a project similar to this, I knew it was perfect for that space.
hanging mason jars wall art, crafts, mason jars, woodworking projects
We took the measurement of the space between the bedposts and determined how wide we wanted the piece to be. We headed to Lowe's and scoped out the one bys. We wound up buying 2 six foot boards; one a 1x8, and one 1x4.
We determined how tall the boards needed to be. We wanted the piece to be 16" at it's tallest point. We cut the wider board to 14" and the thinner boards 16" so they would extend beyond the wide boards.
We sanded the boards on the edges so they'd have sort of a gentle curved edge instead of sharp.
We connected the boards using a pocket jig and screws.
The boards were sanded, painted with chalk paint, and sealed.
We added some cute hooks we found at Hobby Lobby. We attached them upside down so the jute twine that holds the Mason Jars were connected at the top of the boards.
We used a wired jute to wrap around the neck of the jars and hang from the hooks. Adding some random silk flowers completed the look. To see the entire tutorial, check it out at Under a Texas Sky.

• Boards  (Lowe's)
  • Paint  (Lowe's)
  • Hooks  (Hobby Lobby)
Under a Texas Sky

• Pamela Mulkey

These are so much prettier than the random, scrappy pallet pieces on similar projects. Beautiful job!

• Ellie Gutierrez

Love it. Now that I'm retired, I'm looking to purchase some tools to make these crafty decor ideas I see on hometalk. Thanks