Alina Gibson
Alina Gibson
  • Fayetteville, NC

Remake of One Ugly Coffee Table Set

Found these at the side of the road, and at first I thought I should take them back where I found them, but after staring at them for awhile, I finally saw potential. I am so happy how they turned out!
Here it is, in all its glory, as orange as can be.  Took the drawers out already, had to scrub this thing down with two different brushes.
Here it is, in all its glory, as orange as can be. Took the drawers out already, had to scrub this thing down with two different brushes.
Here are the two little guys, also in horrible state, but the whole set was solid wood so I knew it was at least worth an effort.
Here is the finished product.  After a lot of thought I decided to paint them an oil based black paint I got from lowes.  Thing about oil is that it doesn't leave and brush strokes so I was willing to wait the few days it took to dry.
Here is the finished product. After a lot of thought I decided to paint them an oil based black paint I got from lowes. Thing about oil is that it doesn't leave and brush strokes so I was willing to wait the few days it took to dry.
I lined all the drawers with vintage paper I got from hobby lobby using modge podge.
The knobs are also from hobby lobby.
The knobs are also from hobby lobby.
I had to switch the legs out on the coffee table because it just sat too close to the floor and it made it look chunkier, kinda how women are with heels I suppose.
These are my fav knobs. I love the Indian design on them and it automatically gives the furniture a global look which I adore so much.
Little guys here too got all the works the big guy got.
Drawers also lined, just the knobs are slightly different.
remake of one ugly coffee table set, painted furniture

• Lee Cunningham Green

excellent eye, you upped the value on these pieces and made them more timeless, that is the thing with trends they are trendy, so going more classically you will get longer life with your furnishings and what a handsome set. Well done.

• Valery

Beautiful. I have an old thomasville dining room set and end tables. Would look great like this. Just need to convince hubby