Old garage cabinet redo for less than $30

My husband said I could never pull it off!
An old cabinet in the garage with critters, nail and screw holes, grease, typical garage findings all over it but with some elbow grease, leftover stain and paint, salvaged wood (the countertop), 2 pieces of glass and painted some hardware I already had, I brought it back to life and loving the extra storage. Not to mention my hubby doesn't underestimate his woman anymore!
Before
Before
After
After
I had to added trim boards to the side (scrap wood we had)
Spruce wood tongue and groove. I put first coat of stain before hanging and the 2nd coat after hung which.
Easiest redo ever adding the tongue and groove and budget friendly!
took less than 2 hrs to hang. We marked studs and I didnt even bother filling in the holes from nails. After 2nd coat of stain it made my wall look even more rustic after the stain seeped into the nailholes.
The counter was scrap wood and stained in ebony. The hardware was chrome. I scratched the surface and painted them black.
old garage cabinet redo for less than 30, kitchen cabinets, painted furniture, rustic furniture

• Andrea Davidson

Stunning! I have now found my inspiration for my "basement cabinet/kitchen". This looks fantastic!

• Adrea Montgomery

Thank you! Believe me! I know the feeling of throwing stuff out to later regret! Especially after this cabinet redo!