How to Turn A Small Closet Into Storage for Dining Linens

I have a tiny coat closet that really wasn't serving well as a storage for coats. Truth be told, everyone in my home has space in their closets to store their coats and jackets. Therefore, I decided to turn this tiny closet into a storage area for all of my dining linens. This way they would be in one neat, organized area and easy to find.
how to turn a small closet into storage for dining linens, closet, how to, storage ideas
First, I purchased a hanging closet organizer that had several shelves to store napkins and placemats. There were several ones to choose from at my local home improvement store. I spent a little extra and chose one that was very sturdy. It has loops to attach it to the closet hanging bar. I placed it to one side and left space on the other side for hanging tablecloths and runners.
Second, I purchased a nice sturdy basket with handles. This works perfect for my napkin ring collection and fits nicely on the overhead shelf.
Third, I placed all of my tablecloths and table runners on hangers and hung them next to the hanging organizer.
Lastly, along with the basket I placed on the upper shelf of my closet, I stacked my chargers. On the shelf above that I organized my candlestick holders and candles.
The picture below shows the completed project.

• Hanging Closet Organizer  (Lowes)
  • Basket  (Lowes)
  • Hangers  (Discount Store)

Shannon@Belle Bleu Interiors

• Lisa House

I am going to try this for my craft storage...I use the area (closet) under the stairs!

• Paige

I have a tiny closet just like this in my dining room!!! I am going to take your idea and run with it,!! What a clever mind you have. Thank you for sharing :D

• Thank you, Paige, for the sweet comment! That sounds like a great idea for your dining room! I hope that you are having a wonderful week!!!