Repurposed Card Catalog

I saw some card catalog projects a year ago and decided that I MUST HAVE ONE! So, after scouring Craigslist, I scored a great piece. Now, after a year, it's finally finished! It's been cut in half, primed, painted, sealed and now holds all of my craft goodies!
This is one half of the original piece. The catalog was huge!
Yes, I actually did wind all of my embroidery thread onto bobbins just to fit the drawer!
The rods were missing, but that's no big deal.
Here's the other half of the catalog.
I love my alphabet stamps!
Now my grandmother's knitting needles have a home.

ChiWei

• Intelletta

My card catalog I finally downloaded, Intelletta

• Virginia

Sorry I can't post a picture for you to see, but I have a beige, metal 'forms' cabinet which is about 37 inches high by about 30-31 inches wide with sets of drawers - 3 across - and there are 11 drawers in each of the 3 tiers for a total of 33 drawers. In other words, a ream of 8 & 1/2 by 11 paper will fit quite nicely into the drawer with even more depth in the drawer to spare. This cabinet came from a lawyer's office years ago - maybe the 1980's - when the cabinet had been used for all kinds of required real estate forms for closing loans. I think I paid $25.00 for it. Like the library card files photos posted in this site, my cabinet has a space for putting a card in a slot to name what is in the drawer. I use my for rolls of ribbons, craft paints, holiday package tags, glue guns and glue sticks, etc. etc. When my crafting days cease to exist, I can just donate the whole cabinet, with contents intact, to some worthy organization, or person who would like the cabinet and contents. It is a great cabinet!