DIY WICKED WITCH LEGS

This DIY wicked wicked witch leg tutorial was submitted to the Grillo Designs Blog by Micki Hares from Whim and A prayer Custom creations. These freaky looking legs are the perfect decor for outside your home this fall or Halloween. Micki shares how she made them below!
MATERIALS USED:
Chicken Wire
Scrap cardboard
Modpodge glue although I made my own (see below)
Newspaper
Spay paint (this is the glitter brand)
Old pair of shoes
Scrap wood
Pair of long black and white socks
HOW TO:
- cut scrap chicken wire to the length of legs then used scrap cardboard to create back section of the leg.
Use newspaper and old phone book pages to paper mache around the legs.and then left to dry over night. Micki made her own GLUE RECIPE which you can view in full by heading over to the full tutorial at the the link at bottom of this post.
The leg was left to dry overnight
Next she cut a small scrap piece of wood to fit inside the shoe. Then she took the piece of wood, put it inside the foot part of the sock, put that into the shoe then pulled the sock onto the leg
She also spray painted some old shoes!
And there you have it!
You can head over to the blog to view this tutorial in further detail if you really want to try giving this project a go
DO YOU WANT MORE DIY DECOR IDEAS FOR FALL?
CLICK HERE for a tutorial on HOW TO MAKE A PUMPKIN WREATH

3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
30 Ideas To Make Your Office Look Great
15 Genius Hacks to Keep Pests Away
30 Different Ways to DIY an Adorable Snowman This Winter
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
Copy One Of These Lovely Lattice Ideas For Your Home
Turn Dollar Store Laundry Basket Into Wreath Form In 8 Easy Steps
Grillo Designs Members Projects

• Elizabeth Gopher-Giles Irby
    Elizabeth Gopher-Giles Irby

We are struggling with our leg creation because they just feel too flimsy to even survive a heavy dew--- my husband and I have you even gone as far as to paint them with mastic (duct sealer) but I'm still not convinced .... aside from giving up and going with pool noodles... any suggestions on how to give them some weather resistance ?
  • Christina
    Christina

why not a pool noodle inside the chicken wire?

• Joanie
    Joanie

This will always be MY VERY BEST decoration!!! These legs are just super lookin'.....great job, as always.....Joanie

• Flipturn
    Flipturn

For legs that do not want to stay upright, attach an eye screw into the bottom of the shoe, tie on invisible fishing line, then secure to a tree branch, or solid surface that is higher than the shoe.