DIY WICKED WITCH LEGS

This DIY wicked wicked witch leg tutorial was submitted to the Grillo Designs Blog by Micki Hares from Whim and A prayer Custom creations. These freaky looking legs are the perfect decor for outside your home this fall or Halloween. Micki shares how she made them below!
diy wicked witch legs, crafts, decoupage, halloween decorations, how to, seasonal holiday decor
MATERIALS USED:
Chicken Wire
Scrap cardboard
Modpodge glue although I made my own (see below)
Newspaper
Spay paint (this is the glitter brand)
Old pair of shoes
Scrap wood
Pair of long black and white socks
HOW TO:
- cut scrap chicken wire to the length of legs then used scrap cardboard to create back section of the leg.
Use newspaper and old phone book pages to paper mache around the legs.and then left to dry over night. Micki made her own GLUE RECIPE which you can view in full by heading over to the full tutorial at the the link at bottom of this post.
The leg was left to dry overnight
Next she cut a small scrap piece of wood to fit inside the shoe. Then she took the piece of wood, put it inside the foot part of the sock, put that into the shoe then pulled the sock onto the leg
She also spray painted some old shoes!
And there you have it!
You can head over to the blog to view this tutorial in further detail if you really want to try giving this project a go
DO YOU WANT MORE DIY DECOR IDEAS FOR FALL?
CLICK HERE for a tutorial on HOW TO MAKE A PUMPKIN WREATH
Grillo Designs Members Projects

• We are struggling with our leg creation because they just feel too flimsy to even survive a heavy dew--- my husband and I have you even gone as far as to paint them with mastic (duct sealer) but I'm still not convinced .... aside from giving up and going with pool noodles... any suggestions on how to give them some weather resistance ?

• Pat Satran

Based on what I read why not use PVC pipe, it’s white already, paint black or red lines and you can push it right into the ground. Perhaps spray with a clear weather protection. Good luck with yours this is how I will be making mine.

• Christina

why not a pool noodle inside the chicken wire?

• Patty Hillison

use pool noodles n stick pvc pipe using elbows for the knee bend inside for leg n they should stay that way just fine n be full enough.