Backyard Makeover

I had some questionable bushes boardering my backyard. They kept my 9lb dog in, but the neighborhood dogs easily found their way through the bushes.
I removed the bushes including the roots.
The bushes were dead inside and a leaf trap.
There were a total of 10 shrubs each over 6 feet tall.
Cleaned up the ground and leveled it out
I leveled up the foundation for our fence.
Adding the posts was difficult because our property is very rocky and our posts were 4 feet deep.
Once posts were set, we were ready for some rails. We made a spacer to ensure each post measured exactly and patterned the posts.
Now we have a nice clean fence that I don't have to trim regularly.
Lastly I leveled off the grass side and planted grass to the fence line.

• Weatherproof screws, pressure treated 4x4's, 2x2's, 2x4's and 2x6's  (The lumber yard)

• Dl.5660408

Really like the fence! Was there a special reason why you needed to sink the posts 4 ft deep?

• Tialisa

Yes the neighbors dog was very old and round. It couldn't jump on the stone wall or fit between the rails.

• Peggy Libby Sokol

You didn't have to pour cement into the holes for the posts?

• Damon

As a fencer I always concrete the posts. We mix the cement in the hole and ground moisture assures that they wont dry out. We add water first and then cement in layers and mix with a steel bar.

• Pata

How did you remove the bushes and roots? We also have a hedge fence we would like to remove but not sure how to go about it. I suggested roping a chain around the bottom of the bush and use the riding lawn mower to pull it out. My husband does not think it would work.

• Lad4861659

Tried that with forsythia bushes used my car didn’t work as well as we hoped. Used chains and chain saw they were monsters beautiful but they had to be moved.

• Ralph and Gretchen Ogerly

Great job!!!

• Rita Grissom

Yes have been looking for an ideal fence to put around my yard to seperate my yard from the nieghbors they keep knocking our land markers down. Your fence looks like the perfect solution but would like to have it taller to block there dog from seeing us all he does is bark. An to keep my dog in an other ppls out