COASTAL FALL WREATH D.I.Y

$20.00

I feel blessed to be living by the coast, so to substitute for fall leaves, I pick sea shells from the beach all year round! I decided to pull out my collections of shells to create a coastal fall wreath.
Essentials you will need:
40 to 50 sea shells
1 star fish
Foam wreath form
Glue gun
Burlap
White spray paint
STEP 1: PREPARING THE SHELLS
You can pick any shells you want, but I wanted similar shells adorned with one star fish. I washed the shells with lemon water. Let the shells dry completely
STEP 2: GLUING & CREATING
Glued the shells in all different directions on the foam wreath. I flipped the wreath over to glue the remainder of the shells. If you noticed that the shells are tint of red, you can dab a little white paint to hide the red. Last little.detail I added my cute star fish to one side. Because my foam was green I had to spray paint the other side white.
STEP 3: ADDING THE BURLAP
Lastly, all you have to do is tie a piece of wide burlap fabric long enough to wrap it around the top of wreath. Just hang it over a nail on your door or whatever you like.
For more coastal projects: http://www.simplenaturedecorblog.com/simple-oyster-shell-mirror-diy/
Oyster Shell Candle Holder: http://www.simplenaturedecorblog.com/oyster-shell-candle-holder/

• 40 to 50 sea shells  (Beach)
  • Star Fish  (Hobby Shop)
  • Glue Gun  (Craft Store)

Simple Nature Decor

• Donna

You said you washed the shells in 'lemon water'. Why? Does this bleach the shells? What is the concentration of lemon to water you used? Thanks

• Janet Fletcher

Sometimes you can also find a lamp with a clear glass base that can be filled with whatever you want. One filled with different shells would be nice. Or even glue small shells around the top and:or bottom of the lampshade.

• Celia S

How did you do this and not have it so heavy? I have tried in the past and it's way too heavy to hang up. thanks.

• Karen Hobbs

how does one glue shells onto anything? just around the edge, or as a filler? I tried on a mirror and had to attach pieces of cardboard first to have a flat surface

• Lynn

If you don't like using Styrofoam wreaths, try a grapevine wreath!

• Eliza
    13 minutes ago

Like to door a huge one like 6 feet for garage door which we never open & it faces another street along with our

rose garden. Better start looking for sales at Michael's for bags of shells...🐚

Would force me to paint the garage door as well with fresh coat of off white paint .

Just got another idea...place slats of foam core board atop shutters...and add the shells to that...purely seasonal then would be forced to paint the shudders later.

Eliza 🌹