Asked on Sep 7, 2016

Cleaning dog urine of off pavers

Lifestyles HomesSamPenny Lambert
+7

I'm looking for natural DIY tips for cleaning dog urine & poo from outdoor pavers?
    Janet Pizaro

You can try using straight white vinegar on the pet stains. Leave on long enough to aid in the removal of the odor.

• Christina
      Christina

Sorry for chiming in a bit late to the discussion, but I really feel like I need to add my 2 cents.

I know how frustrating it must be for you if you have a dog that just won’t learn how to potty outside. You’ve probably tried all sorts of training techniques that you found online or in a book at the library and nothing worked. At least, that’s what happened to me...

Me and my hubby were able to find a solution and I’ll always be thankful that we did, because since then we have had no problem teaching my foster dogs where to potty – and I can do it within a couple of days.

I now recommend it to everyone because it works so freakin' well and we save SOO much money!

Don't waste time sister! The more times your dog goes to the bathroom inside your home the harder it will be to break him of this habit.

Take action now and permanently stop your dog from using the bathroom inside before it's too late!

Here's the guide we used that shows you how to completely potty train any dog or puppy quickly and easily in 7 days or less...

No I have not been paid for this post nor do I make any commissions off of it. I really just want to help you guys out. I hope you don't mind.

I'm based in Sweden, by the way, so you should be able to get it too.

Good luck with the odor and the stains! It really lowers your quality of life, doesn't it?

• Cindy Hagemann
    Cindy Hagemann

You could use a pressure washer and get the stains off - you can put any type of cleaning agent such as soap in it too.

• Debbieonsml
    Debbieonsml

vinegar and baking soda mixed together and pour it all over the spot after it has been cleaned.

• Sophia,M.,McConnery
    Sophia,M.,McConnery

Yes the vinegar and baking soda.Make a paste with the mixture.Leave it sit for as long as you can,then rinse off or wire brush it!

• Ava
      Ava

This. You need to train the dog!

I love my dog so much but it constantly did the things that irked me most. It would chew on things that it shouldn’t or jump up and down out of the blue. Whenever I put on the leash, it would pull on it. Whenever it was out of the house, it would continue digging on the ground - I wish I could tell what it was looking for down there. All the things it did left me feeling depressed as if I failed it monumentally.

But since I discovered Brain Training for Dogs and applied the system offered, it now behaves the way a beautiful dog I always expect of.

• Lee Govan
    Lee Govan

Try lemon juice in the sunny areas, it is a natural bleach. I used it a few years ago on rust stains on a concrete drive that I inherited when I moved to the property, scored huge brownie points with the landlord.

• Penny Lambert
    Penny Lambert

Thank you for all your suggestions.

• Sam
    Sam

Did anything work for you? After trying many commercial natural products and natural mixtures I found that molasses works. For our dirt yard we use 12oz of molasses and 1-1 1/12 gallons of water. Mix in a 1-1 1/12 tank sprayer. I soak the affected areas with water, which is mostly the edges of my yard, and then I spray the mixture over the area. The smell is completely gone after two days. Repeat weekly for best results. I just now I applied it on pavers on a patio and around the dirt and pebble covered edges. I’ll see how it turns out. I live in an area where ants are abundant year round. Surprisingly, I don’t get more ants after applying this treatment. In fact, they seem to disappear.

• Lifestyles Homes
    Lifestyles Homes

Concrete is porous, so you’ll have to consider solutions that “sink into” the concrete at some level.

Then there’s the smell that their dog noses know that’s where they went last time, even though we can’t smell it. That’s in the pores too.

Vinegar with a couple drops of soap as a surfactant, after power washing would be natural. The grass may not like the pH change, but better than bleach water for the grass.

I think this is going to be an ongoing maintenance challenge, sorry.