How To Makeover A Chandelier In Farmhouse Style

Here’s an easy DIY tutorial on how to makeover a chandelier in farmhouse style.
how to makeover a chandelier in farmhouse style, how to, lighting
I am in the process of making over my dining room in farmhouse style, and the chandelier just wasn’t cutting the mustard anymore.
Here’s the list of stuff I used to do this makeover:
Bulbrite NOS60-VICTOR 60-watt Incandescent Nostalgic Victor Loop A19 with Medium Base, Antique – 4 Pack
3 Efine Replacement Lofe Minimalist Vintage Industrial Hanging Lamp Cage shade for Pendant Lamp E27 Metal Opening and Closing Lamp Guard Black
Deco Art Americana Chalky Finish Paint, 8-Ounce, Relic
Wire cutters
I painted the ceramic lightbulb sockets with the Deco Art Americana Chalky Finish Paint in Relic to blend in better with the rest of the chandelier.
I had to snip off the rings with a pair of wire cutters for the shade cages to fit over the ceramic lightbulb sockets. The wire cage easily contracts around its top, so all I had to do was put them over the ceramic lightbulb socket and gently squeeze it to clamp it down on the top of the ceramic lightbulb socket. It fits and holds securely.
I gotta say; I really liked how it turned out! :)
To see more pictures of the step-by-step process and results, and more of my DIY projects, please click on the link below!
The Painted Hinge

• Mar19885713

Do you think this can be done if the lights go up and not down? I live this look.

• The Painted Hinge

I've never tried it myself but I don't see why it wouldn't work? If you do try it, please let me know how it works out for you.

• Mar19885713

• The Painted Hinge

• Lynne

Do you think this would work to replace ceiling fan light covers??

• Lynne

I can't wait to do this. I hate the old fashioned light covers, but thought I was stuck with them. Thanks!!!