HOMETALK CLOCK Project Made for the September 2016 Contest.

I wanted to make a clock...something I have not tried before and I have to say scrambling around for ideas and making sure I made copies was very challenging for me...but oh so much fun! But my best thing was the help from my hubs and son!
BTW, I took out the battery and took off the second hand to make my "finished" photograph!
It runs and keeps great time.
I DID IT! MADE MY CLOCK AND IT WORKS!!
I started by making a prototype out of foam core board...using blue painter's tape for the border.
Then I had hubs cut it out from a piece of plyboard scrap we had.
I painted the board white and then put on the blue paint around the edge.
Then I went to the computer and drew the HOMETALK MUGS and gathered up some icons from "clip art" that represented various project items often seen on HOMETALK.
I sprayed all the artwork with 2 coats of spray varnish and cut them out after letting them dry. Of course I needed a pattern for where to put the icons so I went to the internet to find a blank clock face.
After attaching the icons with rubber cement, I let everything dry and then had hubs drill a hole to install the clock...following the directions on the clock instruction sheet.

• Scrap plyboard, brushes and some of he paint and the rubber cement  (Used what we had at home.)
  • 2 small bottles of acrylic paint  (4.68 - Hobby Lobby)
  • Spray varnish  (5.21 - Home Depot)

15 Unbelievable Ways People Paint Their Walls
12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For
31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!