Entryway Updates, Before and After

27K Views
Check out how I updated a dark and boring entryway to a brighter space with better function.
  • entryway updates before and after, foyer, home decor
Here is what our entryway looked like 2 years ago.  (Please excuse the terrible lighting).
A LOT has changed since then.  The entryway is where our guests enter our home.  We enter through the garage right next to the entryway.  But our first stop is the entryway where we put our shoes, coats, backpacks, etc.
I added the board and batten about 2 years ago and it made a HUGE difference in making that area feel more inviting and brighter while adding function with the hooks.
My dad made a barn wood bench based off of some specifications and a drawing I gave him and I could not love it more! It stores a roll out crate with shoes under it and holds pillows on top.
I just repainted the wall above the board and batten to the same color as my dining room (Behr Pewter Mug) since it spills right into the dining room.  The grey that I had in the entryway and going up the stairs and into the upstairs hallway was clashing with the grey in the dining room and it had to go.  I replaced most of the oak trim with painted 1X4s with the exception of the trim around the front door.  I just keep dragging my feet on that for a few reasons.  One, I would need to cut back the board and batten and the base trim to allow enough room for the wider door trim.  Two, because I feel we need a new front door and I don't want to put up the trim only to take it down again to replace the door.  So I just leave it.  And hate it.
I recently replaced the light fixture in the entryway from an old boob light to a chandelier.
I did a little Fall decorating recently.
And that is my updated entryway! What do you think? For more info and details, head to the blog. Thanks for stopping by!

Suggested materials for this project:

Tara Marie

Ask a Question