Error loading player:
No playable sources found
Shawna Bailey
Shawna Bailey
  • West Orange, NJ

Hang an Indoor Herb Garden

$8

I love cooking with fresh herbs, but when I go to a supermarket or farmers market, the fresh herbs there are always in amounts that I can’t seem to use before they’ve spoiled. I started thinking about how to have a great indoor herb garden and began looking for herb garden ideas. When I found some lovely mugs on sale, I knew I was going to make a kitchen herb garden that I could snip from to use whenever I
indoor herb garden, container gardening, gardening, how to, repurposing upcycling
The mugs I got were large, so they fit my little herb plants beautifully. Step 2: Put sticky hooks up
I used command hooks because I know they can hold the weight. I just followed the instructions on the package (though not in the video). Step 3: Hang up the herbs
Because mugs have handles, I was able to just slip them right on the hooks. If you use another type of container (like a mason jar) just securely tie a string around the lip and hang that on the hook.
Then, enjoy fresh herbs within easy reach of what you’re making.
And they really brighten up my kitchen.

• 3 mugs  (Dollar Store)
  • 3 large sized command hooks  (home depot)
  • Parsley  (home depot)

• Heidi Aguilar

How do you keep the plants from outgrowing the mugs?

• Katrina Lazenby

Do you put rocks or something in the bottom since they need drainage? Looks super cute!

• Sum11988274

Since plants need drainage to prevent root rot, but you want to avoid the extra weight of rocks, I find that in any planter, indoors or out, it is best to use packing peanuts.. The styrofoam is light weight , durable and doesn't add weight when trying to move around a large planter, especially outdoors

• Bilinda Law-Morley

Hi. Love this project idea. But I was wondering about the hooks. Any time I use adhesive hooks, they fall off even with no weight on them. Is "commander" a specific type or is it a brand please? TIA

• Vrohde

I want to put a hanging light ( the old chain ones ) in my bedroom. My problem is I have to put a hook over the bed area. Can I get a command hook to support this? It is not real heavy ( maybe 6-8 lbs. )

• Miss Daisy

Love it . wanted an indoor herb garden for years but couldn't find one that would work in my small kitchen until I saw yours. I will be making one this week using your plan. Thanks for sharing !😊
  • Yofrendonna

I tried this. The herbs stained my wall