Hang an Indoor Herb Garden

$8

I love cooking with fresh herbs, but when I go to a supermarket or farmers market, the fresh herbs there are always in amounts that I can’t seem to use before they’ve spoiled. I started thinking about how to have a great indoor herb garden and began looking for herb garden ideas. When I found some lovely mugs on sale, I knew I was going to make a kitchen herb garden that I could snip from to use whenever I needed.

Step 1: Put the herbs in a container
The mugs I got were large, so they fit my little herb plants beautifully. Step 2: Put sticky hooks up
I used command hooks because I know they can hold the weight. I just followed the instructions on the package (though not in the video). Step 3: Hang up the herbs
Because mugs have handles, I was able to just slip them right on the hooks. If you use another type of container (like a mason jar) just securely tie a string around the lip and hang that on the hook.
Then, enjoy fresh herbs within easy reach of what you’re making.
And they really brighten up my kitchen.
This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

• 3 mugs  (Dollar Store)
  • 3 large sized command hooks  (home depot)
  • Parsley  (home depot)

30 Ideas To Make Your Office Look Great
Do Your Kitchen Cabinets Need an Update?
Spruce Up Your Plain Lamp With One Of These Great Ideas
Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look

• Heidi Aguilar
    Heidi Aguilar

How do you keep the plants from outgrowing the mugs?

• Katrina Lazenby
    Katrina Lazenby

Do you put rocks or something in the bottom since they need drainage? Looks super cute!

• Sum11988274
      Sum11988274

Since plants need drainage to prevent root rot, but you want to avoid the extra weight of rocks, I find that in any planter, indoors or out, it is best to use packing peanuts.. The styrofoam is light weight , durable and doesn't add weight when trying to move around a large planter, especially outdoors

• Bilinda Law-Morley
    Bilinda Law-Morley

Hi. Love this project idea. But I was wondering about the hooks. Any time I use adhesive hooks, they fall off even with no weight on them. Is "commander" a specific type or is it a brand please? TIA

• Yofrendonna
    Yofrendonna

I tried this. The herbs stained my wall
  • Chris
    Chris

looks great. what a good idea. I'm going to try it. thanks for sharing