Error loading player:
No playable sources found

Best Way to Clean Dusty Blinds

$2

Blinds are really annoying to clean, so when I found this clever trick on the internet using salad tongs, I thought I would give it a try! I can’t tell you how great it was for getting the dust off the blinds -- with so little effort.
Isn't that like magic?!
best way to clean blinds
Here are my dirty blinds. Look how dusty those suckers are! Step 1: gather your materials
best way to clean blinds
I used a pair of tongs, a microfiber cloth, and two rubber bands.

Step 2: Cut the cloth
best way to clean blinds
Because of the thickness of my tongs, I had to cut the cloth into fourths so that they would fit between the slats of the blinds. If you're using a thinner cloth, you might not need to do this. Step 3: Secure the cloths
best way to clean blinds
I wrapped a cloth around each arm of the tongs, then I used a rubber band to secure it in place making an X with the rubber band by slipping it over the cloth, giving it a twist, then slipping it over again.
best way to clean blinds
Now you’re ready to clean those dirty blinds!
best way to clean blinds
Get ready to say goodbye to all that dust and muck!

• Den32386227

Will this work for vertical blinds do you think?

• Nan33477626

How would you clean dirty blinds that have a build up on them. There wood and I'm not sure what would be safe to use on them?

• Lisa Sinclair

Murphy's oil soap. Depending on how dirty they are you can use this technique, but just dip the cloth covered tongs in a bucket of hot soapy water. Then wipe down with warm clean water. If you can remove the blinds put them in the bathtub with hot soapy water. Don't soak them, tho. Because since their wood it could damage them. Scrub off the grime, rinse with clean water. And hang to dry.

• Rosemary

How do you clean the part where the string joins them all? I can go from side to side but can't get at that part to clean it. Thanks.

• Deb norz

I'd use kids plastic wading pool with liquid laundry detergent remove blinds soak rinse dry and put back. Bathtub might get scratched. Wouldn't have to do often.

• Christine Lake

How about using the single sock supply we all have (you know the mate to the one that ran away and can never find). Then throw it out after.

• Tallulah Cusati

I like the sock idea. Thanks, much.