Error loading player:
No playable sources found
Shawna Bailey
Shawna Bailey
  • West Orange, NJ

Best Way to Clean Dusty Blinds

$2

Blinds are really annoying to clean, so when I found this clever trick on the internet using salad tongs, I thought I would give it a try! I can’t tell you how great it was for getting the dust off the blinds -- with so little effort.
Isn't that like magic?!
best way to clean blinds
Here are my dirty blinds. Look how dusty those suckers are! Step 1: gather your materials
best way to clean blinds
I used a pair of tongs, a microfiber cloth, and two rubber bands.

Step 2: Cut the cloth
best way to clean blinds
Because of the thickness of my tongs, I had to cut the cloth into fourths so that they would fit between the slats of the blinds. If you're using a thinner cloth, you might not need to do this. Step 3: Secure the cloths
best way to clean blinds
I wrapped a cloth around each arm of the tongs, then I used a rubber band to secure it in place making an X with the rubber band by slipping it over the cloth, giving it a twist, then slipping it over again.
best way to clean blinds
Now you’re ready to clean those dirty blinds!
best way to clean blinds
Get ready to say goodbye to all that dust and muck!
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. Prices updated as of August 10, 2018 11:51 PM - More info

3 questions on this project